Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh the HAIR!

One of the things I have had to adjust to now that my hair is quite long (for me) is not only how to control this massive amount of hair on my head, but how to get control of the hair that falls out of my head.  It's gross!  I have gone from extremely short hair, which doesn't clog anything, to shoulder length hair, of which I have a TON of according to my stylist, which I find everywhere.  Every day I clean the shower drain.  Between my hair and Big E's, which is as long as mine but it's curlier so it looks shorter, the shower drain is working over time.  This is what I find on a regular basis in our shower.  (Oh, this might be a couple of days buildup, but GAG!)

My sink has not been draining properly at all and I finally got my husband to look at it.  This is what he found down in the drain.
I'm dry heaving just looking at this picture.

16 comments:

  1. So am I!!!!

    That should seriously come with a warning. And you might want to get your thyroid checked - zowweeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even respond. Stopping by from MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like something you'd find on a mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Bathtub kept clogging too and we found the same thing and now have a beautiful strainer thing that catches it all and I take clumps like that out of it all the time. Between daughter and I we lose hair like crazy. It is mainly me though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to my world. . . but my daughters leave what I like to call their "hair art" on the shower wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm... the only thing I can think of to say is... ick...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every morning, I collect a tumbleweed of hair and toss it away. I'm stunned to think about all the hair I lose in a day's time, yet equally stunned to realize it barely looks like those strands are gone. The sink drain issue? Yeah, I find it both mortifying and mystifying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blech.. how did those small animals crawl in there and die anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can be sat at my desk at work and my hair falls out. It's hideous and luckily I have plenty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck! I am scared to shower now! I have rully, rully long hair, not doubt those creatures are lurking in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hair falls is a problem .... Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having two long-haired children who love to shower, you have just described my life. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, gross. Get thee to a strainer, ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gah! I'm gagging! It looks like all the hair in my shower! I hate losing hair. I find it EVERYWHERE. And especially in my baby's mouth. Bugh!

    I love this post. ESPECIALLY the pictures. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm surprised it didn't get on its feet and crawl away! These pictures are just another nail in the coffin why I will never grow my hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following from MBC, I would love if you followed me as well thanks.

    ReplyDelete