Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The last check

Yesterday I wrote my last check ever for preschool.  My youngest, CJ, will be graduating from preschool this May and we will be "saving" some money each month as he heads to kindergarten in the fall.  I say "saving" but we all know all that will really happen is the money will get used on some other fees that we are not currently incurring - therapy of some kind for who knows which family member, sports, dental/medical bills, etc.  You know the drill, just when you think you are going to have some extra money to spend on something fun, along comes some drama or unexpected scenario to take it away from you!

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for Kindergarten! I'm over from the FMC and am following you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weel, congrats to you. . . I can't wait until we pay the last college tuition bill!!!

    PARTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sad milestone! I say use that money on booze, drugs, and male strippers! I want an invite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember thinking the same thing when we finally stopped having to make that monthly preschool payment. There's definitely something about having that task cut from the 'to do' list that makes you feel like you're saving money somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd hold off on the strippers - I think the government has a plan or two for that extra pocket change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!! I moved my big twins from a private preschool to a public preschool for this last year before kindergarten and I loved that we didn't have any tuition to pay for anymore! In the beginning, I was taking that amount and putting it directly into our savings at the beginning of the month but slowly, over time, it's been getting spent on other things. Figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're done in August. Of course then I start thinking abou tsummer camp, after school activities, etc... Savings, what savings??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Our last check will be June, seems like a bit of a landmark, can't believe she'll be in 'big' school, albeit in the nurser class.

    erica@littlemummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes it will all go down some drain or another, but for now, just savor the moment and imagine it all going toward fruity drinks with umbrellas in them on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Kindergarten's a bog leap!
    Do you have full-time Kindergarten? We only had 1/2 day...

    ReplyDelete