Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm fried.

I am. I had a super busy week last week with lots of "responsibilities" on the list. I hate having a "to do" list. I managed to get through it all but did skip miss a meeting.  To do lists are so much pressure for someone like me who feels like I have to scratch everything off or move it to the next list.  I am getting much better though and admitting when something on the list just isn't going to get done and so I scratch it off anyway.  At least it looks like it was completed when I do that.

And what's up with this shitty weather? I wouldn't consider cold and snow shitty if it was December or January.  Hell, at this point, even if it was March! Come on Mother Nature, it's APRIL and I am looking out the window at fucking snow flurries. We couldn't get a lick of snow at Christmas and now that April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, what do we get? SNOW. It's only flurries and I think that's all it will be, but still. I've been so peeved about this that last night I dreamt (is that word?) that I got up this morning and there was about six inches of snow on the ground. I woke up all sweaty, panting and wild eyed all because of a dream about snow.  Ok, it wasn't really that bad, but you get the picture.

Here are some pictures from the outdoor adventure camp.  They had a blast, so that is some good news I can write about instead of all my bitchy, whiny stuff above.

13 comments:

  1. AWE-SOOOOOOOOME! Am so jealous. Of the zip line, not the weather. We're hanging with snow here too; WTF?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 80 here yesterday and tonight is going to snow. What is that about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That adventure camp looks like SO much fun!!! It was 80 here yesterday - I even got sunburned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! Looking out the window it is so sunny but then you step outside and...brrrr, we've had an arctic breeze today. And I still have to take my oldest to baseball practice in 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your Easter egg polka dots over here. :-)

    That adventure camp??? Looks awesome!! Why don't you organize a blogger adventure camp? I'll come!! :-)

    Hang in there with those snow flurries - but who am I to talk? I haven't seen snow in over a year....yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh.. that stuff looks scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather is weird! We are supposed to get only up into the mid 60's here tomorrow. April my ass!

    The boys look like they had a wonderful time. I am sure they needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time try writing "Forget every item on list" on your list. . . you'll feel better. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can be so saddled to a 'to do' list that I've written 'write out to do list' at the top of my list just so I can cross it off. I have been slack on doing them lately, and so far, despite the annoying April snow storm, it doesn't appear the world is coming to an end! However, I'll confess to having the shakes because of it some days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son would LOVE that camp! It looks so cool!

    Sorry bout the shitty weather and I hate to rub it in but we were swimming in the pool today and it was about 80 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid of heights. So those pictures? Made my armpits sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather here has been cold too. It's April, I should not have to wear a jacket!
    That adventure camp looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi UTI! Sorry I've missed you this week. I've been fried too (way to much going on. Hope to catch up on your blog over Easter break!
    xoxox from Paris,
    La Mom

    ReplyDelete