Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ice cream for dinner!

Yep, that's what we do here at the House of Jo.  Friday, we were under the influence of ice cream.  It's been a while since we have been to our favorite ice cream shop, I had no clue what to fix for dinner and we had a gzillion places to be from 3:00 until 7:30 (ok, not a gzillion, just one Ultimate practice and game and two baseball practices), so I decided we would just have ice cream for dinner.

After all the games/practices, we headed to our favorite frozen dairy spot - Graeter's Ice Cream.  They still make French Pot Process ice cream, just two gallons at a time.  They also have flavors of the month, with April/May/June being my favorite flavor - Strawberry Chocolate Chip.  Check out this link to see how they make their chocolate chunks.  These aren't your typical wimpy chocolate chips!  Their other flavor this month?  Blueberry Pie and the proceeds for that flavor go towards fighting pediatric brain cancer.  Oh, and by the way, you can have Graeter's shipped to you anywhere in the continental US (sorry, Alaska and Hawaii!).

I bet you are wondering what we all decided to order.  I had the make my ass as big as you can Double Scrumptious Sundae with hot fudge, two scoops of strawberry chocolate chip ice cream and all the yummy toppings.  Sous Chef and Big E each had a milkshake, CJ had a raspberry chocolate chip ice cream cone and MG had a cherry chocolate chip ice cream cone.  Notice who the pig robust eater in this family is?
At the end of all that eating, licking and sucking (get your minds out of the gutter people, this was a FAMILY dinner!), Sous Chef declared "all of our meals should be dessert!"

18 comments:

  1. How awesome is that to have just ice cream for dinner? You guys rock as parents! It have been a VERY long time since we have done that!

    I have never heard of that ice cream. But if the celebrities like it.. you know its GOT to be good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap, it's Strawberry CC month???? And I'm on Weight Watchers!!!!!!!!!!! F@)(&%(*@&%*(&

    I'll be right back. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're like, the BEST mom EVER!

    Strawberry choc chunk sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ice cream shop sounds wonderful. And what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...And I am reading this on the week that I started with a diet programme!

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I love ice cream...and it does go directly to my nether regions, I must admit! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done ice cream for breakfast a couple of times, but didn't think about it for dinner...it's warming up, I think we're going to have to do just that! Too bad we don't have one of those cool ice cream places in our area...might have to look into having it shipped here...LOL!!!

    Stopping by from MBC's Follow Me Club...I'm your newest follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm..... that sounds awesome. i am laughing because the men in my house always get shakes and i get the biggest dish on the menu (with extra toppings, of course). the ice cream sounds awesome. maybe we'll need to have some shipped. we are ice cream aficionados.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun person you are! May I have dinner with you soon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't have to tell ME twice to check out the mail order link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh. It has been SO LONG since I've had an ice cream sunday. I think next date night is to the ice cream parlor for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I can't wait to tell the kids we are going to have one of these next weekend.

    Following you from the MBC follow me club. http://techy-moms-blog.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One more reason to be glad to not be living in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like Heaven! And way cool parents.

    There are very few foods that I am sad my little ones won't be able to experience. Handmade ice cream is one.

    More for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't done this since college. Great idea, I'm sitting here with no idea what to do for dinner--I'm thinking about seriously stealing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and P.S. I'm now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been ages since we've taken our kids out for ice cream!! Reading this post makes me wanna take them tomorrow night!!

    I'm following you through the follow me club!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss Graeter's.....strawberry chocolate chip ice with chocolate jimmies...mmmmm! So, even though Guam is a US territory, I am guessing it is out since Hawaii doesn't make the cut.

    ReplyDelete