Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fragments

TGIF!  Visit Mrs. 4444 for other fragmented Fridays!
  • I am a little disturbed by the government being so involved in businesses.  Bailouts everywhere, first with the Bush administration back in the fall.  Now more bailouts with our current administration.  Earlier this week, after the forced resignation of the GM CEO, I heard there will actually be government officials in Detroit to help the automakers with their business plans to help them prevent bankruptcy.  Hello?  Has anyone taken a look at our government - current and past?  They aren't exactly the epitome of getting their shit together.  I'm just not sure they should be the ones telling the executives how to run a business.  If the companies go bankrupt, so be it.  That's what happens when you lie, cheat, steal and make an inferior product at the expense of the consumer.  I realize it may not be in the best interest of the country, or the global economy, to allow these huge corporations to go under, but I don't think the government stepping in and running the show is the best answer either.  As you can see, I don't know what the answer is.  I guess if I did, I could be hired and make the big bucks like all these other people...
  • Our Coldplay tickets came in the mail this week!  I also noticed New Kids on the Block tickets are going on sale.  Do people really pay to see them?
  • I have talked to MG while he and Big E are on a school field trip to an outdoor adventure camp.  They have been scoping out places in the woods for their roles in the Underground Railroad re-enactment.  I was informed there is "no way" I would do the zip line because of how high it is.  I don't like heights.  I don't mind as long as I am in something - building, plane, etc.  Anytime my feet are dangling or I feel like I could fall, I about faint.  The big excitement was one of the kids in MG and Big E's cabin had a bloody nose episode.  It was so bad he had to be rushed to the hospital.  MG said he had not ever seen so much blood, which is saying something since he as watched me birth our three kids.  Thankfully, the other cabin chaperone is the asst. principal of Sous Chef's school.  His daughter is at the camp, too.  He knew exactly what to do in such a situation.  The kid eventually made it back to camp and has some meds to help his nose.  Apparently nosebleeds for this little guy are fairly common, but this one was particularly unstoppable.  I am surprised my husband didn't pass out, bump his head and also need to be rushed off to the ER.
  • Stop by Julie's place at 47 And Starting Over. It's her blogiversary and she would like to receive 100+ comments today!

10 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout out! I appreciate it muchly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold Play tickets? Suhhhh-weeeet! Have a great weekend. I think Scandy will be laying low this weekend...real low...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a zip-line tour in Costa Rica a few years ago. I hate heights! The only thing keeping me from screaming the entire time was the two frou-frou teenagers in front of me. Their constant squealing drove me batty and I refused to do it. In my head, though the screams were deafening.

    As for the government, at this point I can only shake my head and cross my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who is a big time NKOTB fan and they're coming here in a few weeks. My friend keeps calling me to see if I've changed my mind and will go with her to see them. I can't stop laughing at her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everyone who voted for this current government is happy. I know I'm not... I didn't for him.

    Coldplay is awesome.. even if the producers of 40 year virgin don't think so. I hope the concert is a great one.


    Sounds like the menfolk are having a wonderful time. Always a great father son bonding trip

    I will try to stop by Julies this weekend. My break is over and apparently I am expected to work sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think a bailout is the answer. They screwed up, they need to be held responsible. It's like being in college and having trouble financially. If you run to daddy to fix it, what have you learned? Oh right, daddy will always fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the whole government bailout business. It's called CONSEQUENCES, people!

    I'm FREAKED by the idea of zip lines, but I gotta say I really want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the government in business thing. I realize that folding companies are not good for our economy, but isn't competition was made this country's economy strong in the first place? Personally, if you can't build a good enough vehicle to stay in business, maybe you shouldn't be in business? This must be oversimplification, so I'm willing to have someone straighten me out on this if I'm wrong...

    Off to visit Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet COLDPLAY will be AWESOME in concert.

    for the record LOL I did pay for my tickets to New Kids on the Block last year. My girlfriends and I made t-shirts and had a BLAST. It was more nostalgic than anything.

    ReplyDelete