Saturday, April 11, 2009

1 out of 3

Clickety clack, clickety, clack.  Or wast it more of a clunkity clunk, clunkity clunk?  I'm not sure, but at one point, I thought my grocery cart sounded like it had a square wooden wheel.  Oh, maybe better luck next time.  Nope, squeak, squeak, squeak.  Or was it something else I can't even describe?  The third time?  My cart purred like a kitten!

Why is it almost every time, well, apparently 66% of the time, I go to the grocery store, I get a disabled and noisy cart?  And you know what else bugs me? You never really know it until you have pulled far enough away from the cart corral that you would look like a total idiot returning your cart and trying out different and better ones.  Is that better or worse than walking through the entire grocery store with a cart that draws attention, not just to you, but to what is IN your cart?

Three stores yesterday.  Three carts.  Two were noisy and disabled.  I was thankful it was just the noise and the bumping.  It's really a pain in the ass when you get one that doesn't steer correctly and you don't realize it until you have gone down the straight aisle all the way to the end of the store and then tried to hang a left with a cart that doesn't know how to turn!

8 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I have that same disease. I always feel bad when I return the crappy cart and hear it 3 aisles away because some unsuspecting poor soul grabbed it. Not bad enough, however to hunt them down, apologize and offer to get them a new cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I just put a CD in my puter. Prince to be exact. A song starts playing that was CLEARLY not Prince, I closed ou Media Player.. and it kept going. Then I realized it was YOUR player playing Bare Naked ladies.. Freaked me out!

    That SO doesn't sound like BNL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The squeaky clackety shopping cart dilemma!! Happens to me all the time!! I usually just stick with sticking out cause a kid is usually sitting in by then....

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you think maybe everyone's is noisy but we don't notice theirs because ours is making so much noise? and in turn, they don't notice ours? please? maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I've never visited you. But this post made me a clackety-clack blogging friend of yours right away! I invariably get those darned things going full tilt in the store and run into a produce display. And honey, then you're the center of attention.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think maybe this is when you get creative and have each child hold one of those little baskets and follow you around the store. Builds muscles...and character. (And a headache for you, but it made ME giggle, so, ya know.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's worse is when you can't even get one out of the cart corral because they're all stuck to the one behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg that ALWAYS happens to ME!!!

    happy, happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete