Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where's my bailout?

I am still a little unclear about why I am not receiving a bailout.  I manage our money fine, we didn't spend more than we can afford on a house and I haven't run any corporation into the ground.  Doesn't that deserve something?  Can I really only get a bailout if I buy a house that I know will never fit into my budget just because "I deserve it" or "I want it"?  What about if I become the CEO of Under the Influence Corp., help people lose millions of dollars, not to mention the time they spend reading when they could be working?  THEN can I get a bailout?  Apparently being responsible and living within my means (most of the time!) gets me ... well, it gets me nothing.  Oh wait, it gets me more taxes to cover the bailouts of all the idiots who can't control their personal financial lives and to pay the multi-million dollar bonuses to the executives who are supposed to be "the best of the best".  As Joy Behar said the other day on The View - "if they are the best of the best, give me the worst of the worst!"

Damn.  I would just be happy if the government would send me a nanny and a housekeeper a couple of times a week!

13 comments:

  1. Amen sista! This whole thing has gotten so out of control. Now the government "might" punish them for doing this crap.

    Some of the people who got the bonuses are returning them. That is a little good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five on that! I think the nanny and housekeeper is the least they could do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told this to my accountant yesterday while we were going over my taxes; I can't imagine why he didn't agree...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard they are upping food stamps, too. I should really stop paying my bills and being responsible and look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree 100%. Especially when I get my paychecks and see that almost 50% went to taxes. Yes I will get some back the following April but esentially I am giving the US an interest free loan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! It irritates the PLUCK outta me! What the heckle is up with these MILLION Dollar BONUSES for CEO'S that ran the company to SHIZNIT! If that is not bad enough they got their BONUSES and then QUIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're speaking my mind girlfriend....damn straight on all of that. Being responsible doesn't pay....what a lesson for our kids! Thank GOD mine have no clue what is up with our economy. As long as we can still afford a Happy Meal - all is right in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so with you. My hubby and I talk about this all the time. Since when is it our governements job to make sure people can stay in the house they irresponsibly purchase and to keep companies afloat?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be maddening to be faced with this on a daily basis. At least your are teaching your kids a good lesson about managing money and not living beyond your means.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would happily use some of that bail out money on a housekeeper. At the very least, someone who will put the laundry away that I wash and fold! That's the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they should confiscate all of the money from those idiot "best of the bests'" savings to put towards our economic woes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah. I so comprende this.

    I need a bailout, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's what thousands of Los Angeles teachers, including myself, wrote on our banners that we wore in our latest protest against budget cuts and teacher layoffs in CA...Where's our bailout?????

    ReplyDelete