Monday, March 9, 2009

We make a good team.

Our subdivision is having a war of sorts with some local government entities. It involves a lot of technical stuff like utility easements, water runoff and drainage systems, collapsed pipes, ownership and more. One of two results is likely to take place. One is that the local government and all neighbors involved, which is where we are currently having an issue, play nice and we each pay $300-$600 and the local government board picks up the rest of the cost and lays the groundwork so we don't have this situation again in the future. The other is that a small amount of people, including me and my hubs, split a $400,000+ repair bill.

I am kind of staying out of it and letting my husband and the other neighbors handle this tedious and time consuming situation. Believe me when I say this makes me a good team member with MG. He is so much better at keeping his emotions, or really maybe their just emotions I would show under the circumstances - rage, anger, fear and more - under control. This allows for reasonable and logical adult conversation.

I, on the other hand, am better at the smackdown. Need someone to come in and ruffle feathers? I'm your girl. Need some namecalling, some big picture scenarios, maybe a pounding fist on the table - all riddled with profanity? I'm in. Need someone to send the bullies running in the other direction? Call me. Ask me to stay calm and collected in a situation that needs a lot of technical details and facts? A situation that may result in not only what I see as an unjust decision but one that would put a huge financial burden on our family? Hhhhmmm...I think you better call someone else. I would suggest you call my husband.

9 comments:

  1. yes! we have a whole good cop/bad cop set up at our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Someday I want a team like that...I'm not getting anywhere being MG all by myself; I need a You to partner with me to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word: Bastards!
    Hey, Jo, I'm still having trouble with your feedburner. It's showing up but when I click on your latest entry it shows an error code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I love coming here this morning and hearing Sinead O' Connor! I love this CD.

    Anyway, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind putting all your contact info and bullet point your jobs on a business card, because I'm one of those who's "A Talker" in her head, but if you would stand up and do the feather ruffling, I'd probably have a few jobs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the setup at our house!

    (I'm also having the same prob as scandalous housewife is with the feedburner situation)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very compassionate as well. I get very vocal of I see injustice. I see red, spew fire.

    I might need your husbands # LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luke is the level headed one in our house too, I am a little too quick to get irritated. I used to be so sweet and patient but then I waited tables through college and dealing with all those jackasses all the time totally warped me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When collapsed pipes are involved, it just cannot be good.

    Sick 'em! (way to be savvy, looks like Feedburner is working!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to witness one of your smackdowns. I love this word by the way!

    ReplyDelete