Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute: Canon SX10IS

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.


Today, my tribute goes out to my new camera! I am a neophyte in my ability to use it, but I already know am going to love this thing. This camera puts you on the cutting edge of advanced technology, with an incredibly powerful 20x Optical Zoom, 10-megapixel resolution, and new DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high-performance face and motion detection. See, I sound like I know what I am talking about, don't I? Well, I don't. I copied that from the Canon website. I know 10.0 megapixels is good and makes for sharp pictures. I know it can make a video that lasts one hour. After that, I depended on reviews and my techie husband to say "Yep, it's a great camera" when I was doing research to pick one out. Here's what I do know:

It can do this, which really all cameras can do since this is a normal picture.

and this: Sepia

and this: Black and white

and this: Color accent

and this: Vivid red (you can also do vivid green and vivid blue)

and this: It may not look like a big deal, but I was sitting on the bench and CJ was out in the field playing. Well not really playing, rather he was trying his glove on to see if it was a good fit for his head. It was quite a distance. How far? Not sure, but I tried to yell for his attention to tell him to stop jumping on another player and he didn't hear me. Oh, wait, that probably had nothing to do with the distance, but the "selective hearing" gene kicked in. Anyway, it was far and you can see there is no blur or fuzziness!

and this: Again, you could be saying big deal, BUT ...
this above picture is four pictures merged together to form one panoramic photo! So cool. They call it Stitch Assist. See, I am learning the Canon lingo.
And finally, this: (you didn't really think you would get away from here without a video, did you?)

Ignore the two women talking in the background. I had no clue the microphone would pick up so much. These two women were a good 15-20 feet away from me and I really didn't even hear the conversation until I watched this video at home!

video

24 comments:

  1. LOVE the color accent photo. i am thinking about taking the plunge and getting one of those kinds of cameras, too (see what a newb i am... i don't even know the name).

    i think you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Congrats at getting an awesome camera. I hope to be seeing lotsa pics.

    BTW.. When you were describing the camera in the beginning.. I could hear strange Tim the Toolman Taylor grunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color accent feature. Have fun with this camera. Wish I had it for my trip....although I do like my little camera that can fit very easily in my purse.

    Thankfully the women talking in the background weren't "gossiping". I couldn't figure out what was wrong with one of them....why she needed to go to the doctor. Thank goodness she wasn't talking about a trip to the OB/GYN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH the video has huge "aw" factor, too adorable. congratulations on your new toy, well done. Personally I looked for one that would fit into my hand and fit my usb - not a camera person, but for my birthday a friend sent me the new FLIP video - which also fits in my hand! Now I could be dangerous...
    You have a lovely blog. I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I may have to break up with you now....I am beyond envious!
    Love all those features man I want that camera...okay I am not breakin up with ya...I am happy for you Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great camera! You'll have a lot of fun with that, and, based on the video, you could moonlight as a spy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh fun! Love that camera!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our camera of four years died and we wound up buying a $250 camera for $80 because it was the floor model and was being discontinued. I stuck with the same model so that I didn't have to learn too much more— I'm a point and shoot kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice camera! You're going to have so much fun with it. I love my Canon, although it is a very modest model compared to your new big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someday I am going to have a rock star camera and then you're going to give me a tutorial mmmm kay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is this?! I was so impressed with your lingo and was like, "Yeah right, where'd she come up with that?!" The pics are fantastic, especially the distance shot--v. impressive. As was the woman's ailment we all heard in the video--I hope she got that X-ray back okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boo! I want a new camera too. lol. found you on mr. linky

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! How cool! I want a new camera so so so badly! This looks awesome! Have fun playing with it :)

    Happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah buddy...nice camera...Congrats!! Arent they fun??!!

    I still am using my Nikon d50 with a couple of great lenses I found, but I have my eye on the next one...

    Sigh...too many toys to choose from...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know nothing about cameras - was looking for a good digital camera. Oh, and sorry for the music comment. I sort of have tons of windows open at a time, so having streaming music can interfere with stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same camera! I love it so much but I am still a novice on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the touch of color photo. That's really pretty. So you'll be displaying all of your new pictures on the blog right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome camera--love that zoom! I have Fujifilm s1000 and I really love playing around with it--and driving my kids nuts trying to take their picture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just recently got a Canon too & really like it...I'm slowly but surely learning all it's features. I'm trying to just figure it out on my own without actually having to read. You know, yours probably has the feature too to remove red eye right there!

    Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE that panoramic feature!!! Slobber. So excellent.

    And you know I'd be totally eavesdropping with that video feature. Blackmail, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad you shared this! I have been in the market for a camera for months and everyone just raves about this camera!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool! Love that it can take an hour long video! Now what? Will there be digital scrapbooking in your future? Or will you just end up with piles of disks like me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pics. Your camera takes wonderful pictures. I can't wait to get a nice one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are going to love your new camera! Enjoy and keep sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete