Thursday, March 5, 2009

Triple Threats

On the Today Show the other morning, they had an know it all expert on about products that are GREAT.  So great, they titled the segment "Triple Threats for Under $30."  Now who wouldn't be lured in by that segment title? Well, they had me at "threat," because I have an "inner bully."  (Apparently, "double duty beauty" products are so a thing of the past!  Who knew?) 

So the product I was persuaded to try is called Frizz (pronounced No Frizz).  When it comes to defying frizz, I think I have tried everything.  Some things work better than others but nothing I use has been simple or 100% effective.  According to the woman on the Today Show, Frizz "is a life changer."  THAT is quite a statement.  I could use some life changing events about now, so I'm in.  It's only $24 and I ordered on-line (free shipping) or you can buy it at Sephora.  What is the "triple threat" this life changing product offers?  It gets rid of friction, which is what causes the frizz.  It repels dirt and being that I don't use shampoo on my hair, I guess I could use some dirt repellent.  (Don't worry, I do wash my hair, I just use a cleansing conditioner instead of a shampoo!)  And the third threat?  It cuts your drying time in HALF. I am all for that.  My hair is very thick and as it gets longer, the drying time increases. 

I went online to Living Proof, the company for Frizz (wow, my strikethrough is getting a real workout with this product name!) and read about the product.  They make six products: three for curly/wavy and three for straight.  I purchased the straight making for medium to thick hair.  If it works, I will probably give the curly/wavy a try, too, since I do wear my hair wavy quite often and occasionally I leave it curly.  But the real test is if it can straighten my hair the way this "triple threat, life changer talking Today Show consumer products guest" says it will.  I hope to receive it and try it out before Tuesday, making this "triple threat, life changing product" my Tuesday's Tribute!

I did some searches online and everything I read about this product was good, except a few said it smells funny until it dries.  It was created by some MIT super brains and the molecular make up is similar to what is put on CD/DVDs to protect them from being scratched.  Hey, any MIT super brain who can improve my hair situation is a winner in my book.

If you're interested in hearing about this "triple threat, life changing product" it is the first one in this video. Check it out and if you want to hear the rest of the products, just keep on watching.


10 comments:

  1. Hey... save yourself a few bucks.. just melt down some crappy scratched CDs and use that instead. I love how they promote a product as life changing. Unless you get recognized and picked up by Hollywood, I'm pretty sure you can sue for false advertising ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Sounds like something I need to try. Of course, you know I live in the land of humidity, and my hair always ends up in a fro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear how it works out for you! Especially with the humid weather here in TX on the way - I need all the help I can get to tame my 'fro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm gonna have to find it. I am the queen of frizz. Natural curls and thick hair to boot. Wonder if they sell it at Sally's? I'll let ya know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny that you posted about frizz today. I just this minute posted, and it's a really old picture of me with incredibly frizzy hair!

    Can't wait for the product review; I'd much rather hear from real people instead of trying to trust commercials, or even the experts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. listen, it could smell like sewage before it dries, as long as it eliminates the frizz!!! i can't wait to read (and SEE, so post pics) how you like it. hurry up, mr. ups man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A melted CD on your head?! This I have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have trouble reading with Melissa Etheridge playing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you go again blogging about products I can't try because they are not sold here. When are you going to stop making me jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  10. First I need a good hair dryer and now I need some Frizz. How come when I visit your place my *Need* list keeps getting longer?

    ReplyDelete