Saturday, March 21, 2009

SOLD!

A while back, I wrote about posting items on Craig's List.  We had a little SNAFU with that whole thing and did not sell our car.  I posted our beloved German engineered vehicle, which has lived a long but pampered  life with us, on Craig's list yesterday late afternoon.  By noon today, it was SOLD.  Cash in hand.  Title signed and notarized.  Yipee!  Now my kids can go out into the driveway to play basketball without having to have me or MG move the car.

What are we doing with some of the money?  I am buying a new camera.  My hubs is having his BELOVED German engineered motorcyle repainted.  See, I keep telling you my family is NOT to blame for any of this recession stuff and this is just more proof.

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love when things work out in so many ways. You got money, someone got a car, you get a camera, kids get the driveway. I can't wait to put my hughes satellite on there!

    WTG on supporting the economy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a win-win situation to me! Enjoy your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so can i have your part of the bailout money, then?

    i am impressed and happy for you! so did you meet at a different location or did you have the potential murderer/buyer come to your home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! There is no better high (okay maybe that's a stretch) than selling a big-ticket item on Craiglist! We sold our Subaru Outback like a month ago on Craigslist too!! I was so psyched ! But it was more work than yours took! It took like a month to sell! But we got what we wanted for it.

    And I can see what Deb is saying about the murderer thing - I had my friend/mechanic show the car since I didn't want people coming to our place with the kids and all...and I didn't want the extra work!!

    :-)

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Craigslist, we have sold so much of our junk...or um I mean stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing my part too. Can't...stop...spring...shopping. But I haven't sold anything on Craigslist. We found the owner of a lost cat that had camped on our front step for 2 months, so I guess that's something.

    Congrats on selling your car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. Just to know that Craig's list really does work is good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time here at your blog. Love your design. . .

    I still don't understand how you sell big and expensive items on Craig's list. . . but all the more to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them Germans! Can't wait to see the results of the new camera...

    ReplyDelete