Saturday, March 7, 2009

Legs for Lyman

When my family lived in Overland Park, KS, a suburb of Kansas City, I made some of the best friends a girl could ever have.  We have affectionately named our little group of friends "The Ladies' Lounge", which was a name created during one of our many lake trips about 15 of us take several times a year (though my visits have become less frequent due to the 600 mile separation). 

During our few years living in OP, my friend Shelley, and her husband Merrill, had baby #2.  His name is Lyman and he was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis before even coming home from the hospital.  During that diagnosis, Merrill was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy and now needs assistance to walk.  (You won't hear them talk much about that, though, because they focus mostly on Lyman and their older son!)

If you are interested in learning more about Lyman and his amazing family and what you can do to help, please watch the following video their family put together.  Thanks! (You will need to pause the music on the left hand side.) You can also visit their website at Statonville.

And if that isn't enough for you, here are some pictures of Lyman and the Ladies' Lounge kids on a vacation we all took together last summer.

Lyman on top, Big E and Sophie.














The LL kids!

4 comments:

  1. hey! this is so awesome!!! i don't know how long you and i have been dating, but cf is what my moody teen has! so, suffice it to say, i am grateful and happy to see this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the the fundraising Director for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation pre-hooligan/Scandalous Housewife life. It is amazing how much progress scientists have made with that funding since I left, mainly in discovering the gene that causes CF. Such a worthwhile cause to donate, knowing that a cure IS possible, and only a matter of precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. You must be a great friend and have great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an amazing video. I'm here in KC... I just might be able to make this walk with a friend. I'll let you know if I do. Let your friend know that she's in my heart and I'm joining the fight against CF!

    ReplyDelete