Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Fragments


Welcome to Friday Fragments, the day you get to see the tiny thoughts that are running around my brain!  Check out Mrs. 444 for more...
  • Big E has discovered his inner Brit. He is frequently talking with a British accent. And his mum finds it quite lovely. Bangers and mash, anyone?
  • Why, now that it is spring, are my kids getting sick?
  • I am thinking about scheduling a visit to the orthodontist. All of those pictures I have been taking of myself has made me realize how my front teeth are slipping back to how they used to look. Not nearly as crooked, but I can see hints of how they used to look. What about it? How would a 41 year old momshell look with braces? Maybe I could do that invisalign thing. I don't think I would have to wear them too long and insurance will pick up a portion of the expense...
  • I had some crazy ass dreams the other night.  I mean wild, can't shake it kind of dreams.  And they were all linked together.  I swear, when I woke up, I was like "shit, what the ..." and then I would realize it was a dream.  I'd go back to sleep and it was like the dream continued.  I did this all night long.  I basically wrote, produced and directed an epic movie in my sleep!  And thoughts of the dream lingered with me all day.  Maybe it was the three muscle relaxers I took before bed.  (I have some NASTY pulled muscles in my back - all along the inner side and top of my right shoulder blade.  It hurts too much to even go have a massage to work it out.  Hopefully, I can do that next week!)
  • There has been a lot of talk about "sexting" here in my quiet part of the world.  Is that a topic all over?  A local mom was even on the Today Show a couple of weeks ago trying to get some legislation in place after her daughter committed suicide last year when some nude photos of her were texted throughout several school districts by her disgruntled boyfriend.  Another local school district recently had their own issue with it and it has been all over the local news, too.  Not really sure what the answer is, but it has been interesting to watch and read about.  I have already talked to Big E about this and he doesn't even have a cell phone!  (Editor's Note:  I typed this on Thursday and then late Thursday night I watched Private Practice and they had a girl on there sending nudie pictures on her phone.  It appears this might be a huge problem considering it was the storyline on a prime time show.)

14 comments:

  1. That's funny about Big E & the British accent!

    I too have that dream thing sometimes too...bizarre how that happens! Most likely it was the pills! lol...so was it anything good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of sexting, not the word at least. There was none of this when I was growing up (thank God).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I love the thing about Big E and the inner Brit. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be cool to do invisalign; go for it if you can work it out with the finances and insurance and stuff.

    The sexting thing is a hot topic of converstation with my mother and people she knows, although I haven't heard of any specific instances where it has gone on in my town. In hearing the stories Pokey tells from his school, I bet it totally goes on but he's just oblivious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those crazy sexting teens! Parents, HELL-O! Parent your hooligans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Invisilign might be just the thing for you.

    Did tyou right down any of those dreams.. it could be the drugs.. if so.. can I have some? I need a f8cked up dream.


    Sexting is a very scary issue. We have talked to our son and have seen the data in his phone. He doesn't do that (that we know of) Stupid teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have thought about braces, too!!! my lower ones are much worse than my uppers, so i wouldn't look quite as dorky as you. i do think we should consider it, though. i hear a changing bite can cause headaches and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just yesterday at one of my kids' schools, they had a class meeting because of some girl who was getting blasted on the internet. It's disturbing. I pray my daughters never let a camera anywhere near them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu are all over the place and très fragmented today!
    I think your son should be speaking with a French accent instead. It's sexier and he's more likely to score with the girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I saw that Today Show segment. It's sad that things like that happen.

    I would love to be British. I also daydream about moving to England.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, first of all, I have to tell you that whenever I visit your blog, I think that the woman at the top of your left sidebar is YOU. So, when I read the braces thing, I was thinking, "What?! This woman must be loony; her smile looks terrific!" Glad to know you only POSSIBLY are loony :)

    Yeah, that sexting thing is scary. My kids cannot send or receive pics on their cellphones, but they do Skype here at home. That's why we have good monitoring software; it gives me piece of mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why were you waking up if you had taken three muscle relaxers? I'd be out for days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Saturday! I'm here trying to get caught up on my blog reading....

    Momshell. LOVE that! Hope your pain is better, I get that pulled muscle thing there as well and it sucks a big one....

    Cheers! (in my best British accent!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I hear all this business about teens sexting, I thank all that is holy that I didn't have picture messaging capabilities in high school!

    ReplyDelete