Visit Mrs. 4444 for other Friday Fragmenters.
- Let me start by saying HAPPY SPRING! I have been waiting not so patiently for winter to be over and now it finally is.
- This morning, I bought tickets to see Coldplay! Again. (Notice the music changed?)
- Check out the new MTV reality show "Taking the Stage." This show is being filmed at the School for the Creative and Performing Arts here in my lovely SW Ohio metropolis. Nick Lachey, who graduated from the SCPA, (so did Sarah Jessica Parker) is leading this project. This school also recently experienced the loss of one of their students after she was murdered over a week ago. I touched on that in last week's Friday Fragments (last bullet). I used to live within walking distance of the SCPA. It's the inner city and I LOVED every minute of living there. I am convinced the burbs were never really meant for me. If interested, read more HERE.
- When is the fog going to lift. Like so many others, I'm finding it hard to find interesting or insightful things to blog about. You know what else? I am experiencing the same thing with meals. I can't come up with a decent lunch or dinner idea. All of my recipes seem so BLAH!
- No one will be able to blame the recession on my family! I have done my share of shopping recently - from clothes to hair appliances and products to bar stools - and this week we paid a college student to paint the kids' bedrooms. Three rooms in less than a week. Yipppeeeee!
- I did something I have NEVER done before. With my new red hair, my almost black eyebrows were just standing out too much. So off I went to Walgreen's to by some facial hair bleach. Yep, I did it. I bleached my eyebrows. I saw this on What Not to Wear. You just leave the bleach on for a few minutes, not the full amount of time needed to bleach hair white. I have to say, it worked perfectly. My eyebrows are now a dark brown shade and look much better with the new haircolor.
- Here's the recipe for the Kentucky Spoon Bread a few of you asked me about.
Kentucky Spoon Bread
1 stick butter
1 8 oz. creamed corn
1 8 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
1 pkg. Jiffy Corn Bread mix
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Melt butter and combine with Jiffy mix, corns, sour cream and eggs. Pour into butter casserole dish. Bake at 350 until done in the center, about 30-40 minutes.
Another version that has a little kick:
Festive Scalloped Corn
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 15 oz. can creamed corn
1 11 oz. can corn with red and green peppers (mexicorn)
1 8.5 oz package corn muffin mix (jiffy brand size)
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp butter or margerine, melted
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a casserole or baking dish with cooking spray. It is not quite enough to fill a 9X13, so go a bit smaller. It calls for the pampered chef oval baker, but I use a pyrex 2.5 Qt. oval casserole dish. Wisk eggs and add chopped green onions and remaining ingredients. Mix until well blended. Bake 35 -40 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Yield - 10 servings.
- ENJOY! Have a great weekend everyone!