Monday, March 23, 2009

Bras

I am always in search of a comfy, supportive bra.  If it looks pretty, that's an added bonus.  I don't mind paying for quality, but when I can get a deal, well, I love that.

Back in the fall I wrote about the awesome red bra I bought while shopping in Chicago.  I wish I had thought to buy more than one, because that bra rocks.  I should have bought it in every color.  I have not been able to find another bra like that one.  I even searched Natori brand bras online with the style number and cannot find it.  Since I have an aversion to department stores, I have not made it to Macy's to check out their Natori line.  Nordies opens soon here in my neck of the woods, so maybe I will venture out when that happens.

In the meantime, I have been checking out bras wherever I can that does not involve a department store.  I was online at Land's End the other day buying some duds for my boys.  They were having a great Spring Fling sale and I happened upon the intimates link.  Wowza, they have a lot of bras.  And if I bought two, they would each only be $11.00.  Now when I think of Land's End, I don't think of intimates.  And when I think of $11.00, I don't think quality bra.  However, at $11.00 a bra, I figured if they didn't work it certainly wasn't the end of the world.  So I bought two bras, each a different style.  What can I say, but I am in love with these bras.  Especially the t-shirt bra.  It is so darn comfortable and makes my 34Ds look like they are supposed to, which is something of a magical feat unless I decide to have a boob lift.  (Three kids, breastfed for a year or longer and these puppies just aren't what they should be.  Or maybe I should say they aren't WHERE they should be!)  It's very plain and doesn't even compare to my racy red bra, but man, do I love it.  The other bra is comfy, too, but not quite the same.  However, I won't hesitate to buy another brazziere from Land's End, unless of course, I want a racy red bra, then I will have to go elsewhere!

15 comments:

  1. If you find the right bra, you just have to go with it. I can't ever buy one online, without trying it on, because you just never know. By all means, get some lace or hot color at ALL times! That's a total no duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, you and i are the same size (and same latitude, it sounds like!)... i may have to give it a try. they have land's end at our sears, so i may go try it on first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to go check this out.

    It kills me to spend big money on bras - especially when I'm an A.

    Is there a point to a $40 investment?

    Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important for 'the girls' to be supported and comfy! I would never have thought to try Lands End, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I find THE right bra, I want to buy every one of them I can get my hands on so, ha, I guess I can get my boobs in them! I just bought a couple new ones that I will now covet and care for like brand new babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SCORE! Bras are ridiculously hard to find, and then they disappear/go out of circulation before you can get to them. Yes, buy as many as you can; I've learned my lesson on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! My friend gave me a brand new bra.. she bought the right size for her but didn't try it on. It didn't fit her right, so she gave it to me. It's called "The Worlds Most Comfortable Bra!" lemme tell ya It lives up to it's name. Do you think I can find another one... anywhere?? Hell no.

    So congrats on your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never would have thought Land's end sold bras. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lands End but I've never bought their bras.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lands End stuff too; the quality is excellent. I have been looking for a decent bra for a reasonable price, too. Just bought one from VS and one from Kohls (Vanity Fair) and the Kohls bra is just as good as the VS (for half the price.) My boobs are enormous these days; maybe it's just not possible to get a decent bra at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know Land's End sold bras either! I will definitely check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, while your on your search if you happen across a bra that might make it look like I have some boobs let me know.

    Lands End is one of the last places I would have thought to search for bras.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been on the hunt for a good bra for what seems like forever now. I'm not going to lie - I am slightly jealous of your $11.00 purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bra shopping is a complete NIGHTMARE for me! I absolutely hate it! And I can't just order off the internet or catalog, as I must try them on...hell, I don't even know what size I am...I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete