Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bachelor, cont'd.

In the midst of playing Find the Mii, Tanks and also Billiards on Wii Play with my five year old and trying to get us both ready to get out the door and get him to school, I totally forgot the one other thing I wanted to say about the Bachelor.

I assume all the negative response is NOT because Jason broke up with Melissa.  I mean really, who thinks any of those relationships are going to last?  Trista and Ryan are a total fluke and I don't think we will see that happen again.  I think everyone can agree that the last thing anyone wants is to see another marriage entered into that is going to up the divorce rates.  So based on that, I can only assume the outrage amongst viewers is that this happened on national TV instead of in private.  I did notice that ABC edited and controlled the conversations and questions to not include anything along the lines of "Why did you do this on TV.  Why didn't you break up with her in private?"  Jimmy Kimmel did ask him that and he basically said the network would not allow him to have any more contact with Melissa once the network found out there were relationship "issues" and that was the first time he had seen her to discuss ending their relationship.  Agreed, he still could have handled it differently, but don't forget, I think this was all just part of the plot that everyone agreed to.

And if it's true that not all of this was part of a ratings scheme, I agree, it's pretty shitty.  But I still stand with my opinion that when you go on shows like this, you need to be prepared to go home totally humiliated and knowing you just helped the television network rake in the big bucks at your expense.

9 comments:

  1. Lol...I swear...all the Bachelor posts are a part of some conspiracy to drive me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. any excuse to come back and listen to your rockin' cool music...

    you are so funny. and, like i did before, i still agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost all the bachelors were broken up with their 'chosen one' by the time the after show aired. And they all seemed to vaguely say "things didn't work out". Douchey McDouche was just being a bastard, plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Molly needs to run. Fast.

    And I'm totally laughing at Scandalous Housewife - "Douchey McDouche" - PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched it but I will be upset along with everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see Evangeline Lily on whichever late night show she appeared on? She refused to even sit next to that dick. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, I hate that show, but now, I wish I could have seen this episode! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing now is how angry they are - Jason, Molly, the producers - that they're getting bad press. It makes me laugh. What you sow, so shall you reap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason needs to grow some balls cause he sucks! Did you see Melissa on Ellen, I am glad she is on her own and not with Jason "no balls" Mesnick!

    ReplyDelete