Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Are you a Momshell?

Apparently, "momshell" is the new, G-rated term for MILF, and is the term used to describe bombshell moms.  The momshell link will take you to MSNBC article.

Are you a momshell?  Do you want to be a momshell?  For me, being a momshell sounds pretty good, as long as it is other adults, men or women, I'm not picky, who are saying "Wow, that Mrs. Under the Influence is a real momshell."  However, as a mom to three boys, I get a little weirded out when I think about IF any of their friends would talk about me that way.  It really weirds me out if their friends are talking about me in that way now being that my boys are 11, 9 and 5!  I am thinking more into the future, when they are teenagers.  What would I do if I overheard one of their friends saying I'm a "hot mama" or "she has a nice rack" or something similar?  (I should clarify, I have a lot of surgeries work to do if anyone is going to say those things about me!)

I'm totally happy not wearing mom jeans.  In fact, if you ever see me in mom jeans, please knock me out and steal my pants.  I like to look modern and trendy, though I don't always manage it.  I think What Not to Wear should occasionally focus on people like me - women who have it together most of the time but struggle with shopping and what looks good on me.  Women who need that extra "oomph" to take them from "does pretty good" to "vavava-voom".  Oh, and the $5,000 helps quite a bit, too.

I don't really do frumpy, at least not on purpose, though there are times when I feel very frumpy.  On those days, I color my hair, buy some new lipstick or paint my toenails.  OR, I crawl on the couch, under a blanket and don't surface until I am forced to.  If that could be the definition of "momshell," I've got it made.

16 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, my son is in high school, and the word, 'Milf' is thrown around, along with other naughty words at what appears to be a sweet, little Catholic Prep school.
    The thought of a kid my son's age wanting to eff at all, much less a mom...I know likey to think these thoughts! I'd rather hear the momshell term from these boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momshell huh? I like it! I fall under the category "Somtimes frumpy women who have it together most of the time but struggle with shopping and what looks good on me." I also have a hard time putting outfits together unless its black and white.. black and beige.. you know simple stuff. Sometimes I accidently throw something together that looks halfway decent. Once I shed a few pounds again.. Ihope to be a momshell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that! I can't stand MILF...it just doesn't sound right...or DILF, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another Ohio girl here from Blog Stalkers.
    am I a Momshell? I dont know. stuff just does not look the way it used to pre kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently in my pajamas with my hair all clipped up and contemplating going to town on some peanut butter toast. I'm not sure that particular scenario makes me momshell-worthy, but when I get my game face on here in a bit and head to the grocery store, I'll see if I can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple of years ago, I heard someone call me a MILF. It was in the grocery store and two guys - they were early twenties - just chatting away. When I got to the car, I started bawling. I am childless and 40. To me, because of my background, MILF is a hurtful term. Weird how a word can be taken so differently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not into MILF - at. all. Too crass.

    But Momshell, I can totally get behind that. Especially if it means I get to be painted on the side of a Bomber.

    How cool would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worry that sometimes I might be turning into a momshell in the eyes of high school and college kids, and I HAVE NO KIDS! Now THAT, is a problem. Not the, "hey she looks good" part, but the "for her age" part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA HA ! Sassy's comment up there is cracking me up!! Now I like it when my dude calls me a MILF - that's cool I think. Not that he DOES it often. Call me that that is.

    But Momshell? Yeah, I think that sounds pretty cool - I do not think I would be considered a momshell by many.....but now I have something to strive for. :-)

    And from everything I've seen of you lady - you ARE a momshell!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the term momshell- I think the MILF term is somewhat flattering- and I don't think of it as the anachronym that it is, but rather just that someone thinks you're a hot mom.

    I have the same tendancies as you- I have my moments- I am guilty of being 'comfortable', but wouldn't be caught dead in mom jeans- however- the visual of knocking you down and taking your pants makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want alot of things. I want to be a "momshell" and I want to be the "cool" mom. I also don't wear "mom jeans".

    You though, are a total "momshell" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am never going to qualify, but I really like the term momshell better than MILF!

    You, my dear, are a momshell for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time my daughter told me one of her guy friends called me a "milf" and what it meant, I was. . . what?? Shocked, flattered, Uh. . . ?? So definitely like "Momshell" way better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't heard that term before. I kinda prefer "MILF" because there are still many people who don't know what it means, but yes, Momshell is definitely better in G-Rated situations. And yes, I'll bet you're a Momshell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i don't necessarily do frumpy. my actual clothes are FAIRLY stylish. HOWEVER, i DO do slovenly pretty well. i have a hard time looking like a momshell when i am just headed to the store. i often opt for sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank goodness for your blog! It took me forever to figure out what MILF meant. The French press hasn't picked it up yet like "bling-bling." I wonder if they will catch onto Momshell. That's a cute one.

    ReplyDelete