Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute: Drugs

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.

If you have been reading this blog for very long, you know I have a not-so-secret love affair with prescription drugs. I am a pharmaceutical pack rat. I don't lie to get a prescription, I don't fake illnesses and I am not addicted. I know, all addicts say that, but I promise you, it's true. However, when I do get good drugs, which when you have brain surgery, YOU GET GOOD DRUGS, I hold on to any leftovers. I refill them to the maximum number of refills and then I horde them for when I really need them.

On Monday, I was diagnosed with strep throat. Not a particularly fun or rewarding drug, I am including amoxicillin, since I am currently taking it. I thought it was only fair. The vicodin has been very handy for the throbbing head and neck ache, not to mention the razor sharp feeling in my throat. If you have not had strep throat, all I can say is you should get on bended knee and thank God for that.

So, without further ado, here are my drugs of choice for today's tribute, from left to right:
Lexapro, taken daily to prevent those anxiety ridden days and nights; Zanaflex, muscle relaxers, I pretty much have a lifetime supply thanks to missing some skull bone and the lamina portion of C1 vertebrae; Amoxicillin, to kill off that nasty strep bacteria in my throat; and the cream of the crop, Vicodin. They are expired, but I just can't part with a bottle that has precious medication in it. Oh, who doesn't love vicodin? You know what is even better? Vicodin with the muscle relaxers. Ahhhh, better than any day at the spa.

21 comments:

  1. Other than amoxicillin, I have never had the pleasure of the other three....I guess I am missing out....but I prefer an intact skull....not that you had a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Vicodin.. I like it with Valium. Oddly enough.. the combo hypes me up and I get on a cleaning binge. I even fold AND put away the clean laundry gasp

    If ever you get tired of any of those.. send them my way :) I like your hair color by the way, I just didn't get a chance to tell you in yesterdays post

    ReplyDelete
  3. better living through pharmaceuticals. i totally support that.

    ok, so you put it out there, so i am going to ask. feel free to tell me to mind my own business... car accident? medical condition? what gives? if you have written about it already, point me in that direction. please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally down for a good random pharmaceutical collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pass the muscle relaxers please! You can keep the vicodin, though. Gives me horrible nightmares. Percoset is worse. I get the nightmares plus I can't move. I'm still hoping to avoid the missing skull.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fel so jipped...i never gt the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tribute gives me the giggles. It's amazing what little or big things make us happy!

    And I'm with Deb...I've been meaning to look back at any past posts for the info...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am exactly like you. I may sound like an addict, but I'm seriously not! But this- was just a cruel tease! I have never had Vicodin or the other good stuff you talk about. I take lexapro, but not noticed a great diference from them and just ran out- so we'll have to discuss that next time. I am on Klonepin- they sometimes help, but usually just make me feel tired, which I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim - you know how much I'm with on these prescription drugs. My dude has some leftover Vicodin from an emergency root canal and we horde them as well for a "special" day. Look at all of us mamas!! It cracks me up! But hey we need a little help with this job right?

    I love this tribute!
    :-)

    And the picture is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was great!!! I love your tribute!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can I get a hold of said Vicodin? (Sans the head surgery)It's completely unfair. I am a first year teacher and everyone keeps telling me "a lot of first-years" get RX-ed Vicodin. Well where is this doctor that is dolling out the bottles to good people in my profession?? I haven't found him yet, and if I don't soon I may have to something drastic!!! (like continue complaining about how stressed I am, very. drastic.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like a woman who isn't afraid to proclaim her love of drugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like ambien. It gets me really frisky for about an hour and a half, then I sleep for 8 hours. That's the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny! I "love" minor surgery and the gonig under feeling myself.
    Hope you feel better. Strep sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could sure use some good drugs myself right now! Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm allergic to vicodin :( It makes me not able to pee for days. Then, I puke. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I prefer to snort my drugs, actually. Just kidding; I can't even drink. I'd be a real drag at your party :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh I love Zanaflex and Lexapro and Vicodin!!! lol But shhhhh don't tell!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete