Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shits and giggles

I took Big E to the doctor yesterday to address some health concerns. Part of the exam included a urine test. His pH level in his urine came back pretty high. They then did a blood test to detemine if his kidneys are functioning properly. I should hear something today. Of course, I asked what all of this meant and most likely it would mean his body creates more alkaline than acids and he would have to take a med, if that's what the blood test reveals. To quote the doctor, "Basically, it's a prescription for acid." He then looked at me with a smile and said, "Not THAT kind of acid." Hhhmmm...what kind of mom does he think I am? Thankfully, I adore this doctor and he knows my sense of humor.

CJ was with us at the appointment and as the doctor was asking Big E questions, CJ just giggled. It went like this:

Doctor: "How often do you poop?"
CJ: giggle
Doctor: "Is it hard to poop?"
CJ: "He said 'poop'." giggle, giggle
Doctor: "Do you poop a big poop or do you shoot out little balls of poop?" (I told you the doctor is a funny guy!)
CJ: cracking up

Everytime CJ laughed, Big E tried to stifle a giggle or two of his own. My kids make me so proud.

19 comments:

  1. Jumped over from S. Sanity...

    Poop is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at Ann coming over from my place to say hi! I just love it when my friends become friends:)
    I am the immature one in appts like this. I am the one that giggles. Terrible - but true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poop is funny, My daughter is 10 and she just told me her teacher said Poop in class just recently and the room erupted in laughter. That's Funny! I would love to see this on his school records "Needed Medications": Acid LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think even I would have been laughing. Poop can be funny...does that make me immature? I guess not all poop is funny because the kind of poop my daughter is producing right now is not funny at all, especially when I have to wash the diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. picture them as 12 and 15 behaving the same way and you have my two darlings. hope everything is okay with the test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an appropriate title, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best. Title. Ever.

    Hope the results are good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the title. Love the U2 song that just came on. Love this post. Love how kids lose their shit when a poop joke is in play. Love a doctor who is worth the co-pay for an appoinment like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great title! I would so be cracking up laughing. How did you remail serious?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I would LOVE to have an RX for some acid! That'd be a trip! In more ways than one....not that I would know what that's like...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL....aren't kids fun little things to have around??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahahaha! We're both talking about poop today! I love this. I will never be tired of hearing the word poop; it still makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing is better than a good poop...joke.

    Hope everything is cool, and you can drop the acid...prescription.

    Sorry. Too much caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You want to get a man or boy to giggle, just say poop! It works every time! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In a boy's world.....nothing is funnier than poop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you kidding me? I would be rolling on the floor laughing. Poop jokes from your dr. I am sorry, but that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shoot out little balls of poop.

    I love your doctor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Any blog post titled Shit & Giggles gets my attention!
    How did you keep a straight face?

    ReplyDelete