Sunday, February 15, 2009

Percicillin (pronounced 'perk-i-cill-in')

What is this mysterious percicillin? Well, I'll tell you. Percicillin, or a similar type of drug, is what the medical professionals need to concoct if people like me are to remember to "complete all meds, even after illness improves."

There is really no incentive for me to take my antibiotics once I start feeling better. While I am feeling bad, I can't wait to take them and make whatever nastiness, in my case recently, strep throat, go away. As soon as the symptoms are gone, the ability to remember the meds is gone. Therefore, I think the doctors should add a little "perk" to the antibiotics, as in percoset (or vicodin or valium or demerol or morphine or phentynol ... well you get the idea). Now THAT would make me look forward to taking my meds and I would definitely take them until they are gone.

(Thanks to my friend, Christine, for coming up with this new drug. I was saying I wanted an added perk to my amoxicillin and she coined this term. She also has an active love affair with all things pharmaceutical.)

8 comments:

  1. I know, I do the same thing w/antibiotics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an AWESOME idea! I think you should copyright the name right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT. I think that would solve all of the worlds problems. Now.. convincing a pharmaceutical company to make it would be a huge task.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm...percocet in lousy tasting cough medicine. I'll never miss a dose!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. or, in keeping with it's name, they could add methamphetamine and not only would you feel incredible, you would be able to clean the house, organize the closets, bake cookies and arrange your shoes by color... all while recuperating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where do I sign THAT petition??????

    ReplyDelete