Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh, to have friends!

Julia, at Sometimes Lucid, gave me this lovely friendship award. She referred to it as a Beautiful Friendship Award. I think when she said "beautiful" she was referring to ME and or maybe both me and friendship.

It sounds weird to call all these people, who (whom?) I have never officially "met," friends. But when you read about what they are up to every day, see pictures of them and their families, know their children's and spouse's names (or at least their "blog" names) and more, you do end up with a 21st Century type of friendship. And it's fun.

The "rules" for this award are quite painless. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who can choose eight more and include this text into the body of their award. So here you go, you one blogger. Not because I can't come up with eight, but because I like all the bloggers I read. So I am being super selective today and picking ONE. Take the award and run with it. Or just wallow in the glory of being called "friend."

Georgie at Decisionally Challenged - there are times when I think Georgie and I have been separated at birth. Our love for iced tea will eventually bring us together for a tea brewing contest like you have never seen before.

5 comments:

  1. Woooooohoooooo congrats on the bloggy love.

    I think people that don't blog, or use the computer for anything social are missing out on a lot because they don't understand that friendships really CAN be made on-line. My hubby is one of those people. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. I certainly think you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a sweet one. and i agree with debbie, you totally deserve it.

    AND... georgie has got to be one of the sweetest, most awesome girls ever. good choice.

    now, onto the tea... my skills are a bit rusty, as it has been quite a while since i've lived in the south, but my sun-brewed ice tea could knock your socks off. so there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay bloggy love, yaaaaaay! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice award!

    Georgie is a Sweetie as are you!

    I have more friends on the computer than I do in Real Life!

    ReplyDelete