Sunday, February 22, 2009

Movie frenzy

As I have mentioned a couple of times, yesterday I attended all five movies that were nominated for the Academy's Best Picture Award. We had so much fun! We had free popcorn and drinks all day. I would never have guessed that 12 hours of movie watching would make me so tired! And my ass and hips? They are SORE. One of my friends said she was sure she had bed sores for sitting so long. Some people brought blankets and pillows, which I should have done so I could have slept/rested through the movies I had already seen. Instead, for two of those movies, some of us skipped out to go out to eat. The cool thing was, the theater was allowing you to go out and get food to bring in, so we saw a lot of Dewey's Pizzas, burritos from a local restaurant, salads, pastas and people with coolers. It was a very festive event and the place was packed full. In between movies they had a local DJ doing Oscar trivia and giving out door prizes. I really enjoyed the two movies I had not seen yet which were The Reader and Frost/Nixon. On the way home we were already talking about next year and how to plan better! We think we might even invite our hubbies to join us. Isn't that nice of us?

8 comments:

  1. would your hubbies want to sit through 12 hours of Oscar nominated movies? I can't imagine that mine would go for that. You must have an awesome hubs! That being said, I am totally jealous! I want to go! I heard something similar advertised for today here in KC and I was bummed I didn't have a sitter and five girlfriends lined up. Next year! Glad you had fun. (Did you sneak in a flask?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I am just gonna come right out and say this...I KNOW we would be BFFs if we lived closer!

    Sorry your assa is sore LOL love it...but what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day, I always dream about taking a pizza into a movie with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay movie marathon "slumber party" yaaaaay! Again, so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you wear your pajamas??? What a great way to watch the movies! Maybe one of these years we will be in the same city and I can join you.....maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds really cool! After seeing your post I looked to see where it was showing in my neck of the woods until I realized that I had plans all Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHat a great idea! What a fun way to make memories with your friends -and if they are lucky - your husbands next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would re-think the hubby thing. it does sound like such a fun day! blankets and pillows next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete