Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mama Drama, cont'd.

(If you missed Part 1, read the entry below.) 

I am getting such a big kick out of this. My god, what does that say about how BORING my life is when I am thoroughly entertained by a high maintenance mama? I know it's because I am not directly having to deal with this woman and her whiny ass, because if I were on the board at the preschool, I would be pulling her my hair out. (Hey, look! I used strikethrough!)

Here are the e-mails that have been tossed around yesterday and this morning. Of course, I am going to have to add some comments just to liven it up a little more!

From: Crazy Mama
To: PM 4 year old parents
Subject: Drop-Off Liability Concerns (She even uses the term "liability" in e-mails. Oooh, how threatening!)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009

Dear fellow HPP Parents,
My name is Crazy Mama, and I am a mom of a 4-year-old in the morning classes.

I, like you, was informed via flyer about the new drop-off procedure. (Yes, we all know, they should have had a banner flying over your house so you were aware of this prior to receiving that nasty "flyer.") This was the first I had heard of the new procedure and through speaking with other parents discovered that I wasn't the only one with concerns. (We are also well aware that you think you should be consulted on matters relating to how to run an effective preschool.)

Attached, please find the letter I sent to the HPP Board. I urge you to make your voices heard. Please email the board with your questions and comments. (Oh, I e-mailed the board all right. With my SUPPORT!)

Thank you,
Crazy Mama


From: Kelly
To: Crazy Mama and PM 4 year old parents
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subject: RE: Drop-Off Liability Concerns

Dear fellow HPP Parents,
I have no problems with the new drop off procedures. I think it will save a lot of chaos in the halls and help with children who may have separation anxiety. For the students who are going to MECC next year and will be dropped off instead of riding the bus, this may be a good transition for them. This is what MECC does, and it works quite well.

Thank you, Kelly (You go, Kelly!)


From: Jo
To: Crazy Mama and PM 4 yr. old parents
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subject: Re: Drop-Off Liability Concerns

I agree and e-mailed the board in support of it. (I didn't want to be left out of showing my support! Maybe on the first day of curb drop off I will stand outside with a cheerleaing uniform on and a megaphone cheering the car line on!)

Thanks,
Jo
CJ's mom

From: Crazy Mama
To: Jo
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subject: RE: Drop-Off Liability Concerns

Hi Jo,
I hope CJ is doing well. Emily still talks about her old classmates. (Really? CJ has never mentioned Emily. In fact, he didn't even talk about her when they were in class together.)

I am not trying to change your mind. (Oh, I think you are!) I am just asking you to see that perhaps the new procedure shouldn't be mandatory. (And why is that? Oh wait, I'm sure you are going to tell me.) There are many parents of younger children and even 4-5 yr olds who like walking their children in. (I think she is implying those of us who don't mind dropping off their kids at the curb are of "lesser parenting quality" than she and her minions who have separation anxiety.) I should think that if they are going to make it mandatory, they shouldn't change the rules mid-year when the parents who don't want to do this didn't sign up for it. (Should, shouldn't. Just relax and PERHAPS you'll see it's a good thing.) Perhaps (there's that word again) it should be optional for the remainder of this year and mandatory from the start of next. (Perhaps not.)

Any thoughts? (And this is where she made her biggest mistake. Asking for my thoughts. That is very dangerous.)

Thanks,
Crazy Mama


From: Jo
To: Crazy Mama
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subject: Re: Drop-Off Liability Concerns

Hi Crazy Mama. I also like walking CJ in, (See, I'm a good mom, too! Just like you, Crazy Mama) but I also think dropping him, or any other child, at the curb is no big deal. Whether I kiss and hug him in the car or at the door doesn't really matter. He still gets a kiss and a hug, location is not an issue. I am guessing the curb drop actually helps out many moms. More importantly, it allows the kiddos to practice some independence in a safe and secure environment, which many kids don't seem to get the opportunity to do. (Do you think she caught that underhanded jab? IE: let your kid practice some independence?)

As for mid-year and mandatory, I don't have a problem with those, either. At least by starting mid-year, there should be no transitional issues since the kids know everyone - staff and students. Then next year shouldn't be a problem either, because it will happen from the beginning. Either way, I think kids are pretty resilient and like to exercise their independence and doing so in a safe environment is good for everyone - kids and moms. (Again, do you think she realizes I am pointing a critical finger at her saying "stop hovering"?) The mandatory part, I am sure, is so the teachers know where the kids are. They will know to expect everyone at the curb and won't have to keep track of who they get at the curb and who is going to be walking in.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with this, (What I really wanted to say was "Get a life you crazy bitch!") but I just don't see a problem with it.

Jo

From: Crazy Mama
To: Jo
Sent: February 4, 2009
Subject: Drop Off Liability Concerns

Thanks for your comments!

Crazy Mama

I think maybe she didn't really want to thank me for my comments.  How polite of her to do it anyway.

11 comments:

  1. these women make me crazy. these are the women who have kids b/c they need to feel needed. You wonder if they create the separation anxiety b/c they refuse to leave their kids side for ten freakin seconds. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've ended it with, "and cut the cord already, beyotch!"

    Kidding...sort of. Actually, I think it's more of a "liability" to have adults walking the children in. Is there really any way for every teacher/employee of the school to recognize each child's parent? Don't think so!

    What a rube!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't someone send me crazy emails like that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another CraZy mom with seperation anxiety! I only DREAMED of curbside drop off when I was taking my daughter into preschool, carrying her little sister (who would have always JUST fallen asleep) in a car seat up two flights of stairs! There's just no pleasing some people! Bad news is that CraZy moms don't outgrow it -- that same mom will be outraged by some other perceived slight every year and will probably follow her kid to college. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant email Jo! I loved it. Every word of it. Crazy Mama is trying to digest all of this information and maybe just maybe some of your damn good common sense and fantastic parenting skills will sink in.

    Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap! I just got done reading the first letter (your comments we right on btw) What a psycho. I feel sorry for Emily. I can't believe there is this much dram at preschool. This woman probably goes home and cries until she can drag Emily away from that wretched place.

    Your response to her letter probably incensed her more. You know she is blackballing you at all the mommy and me's and ice cream socials oh and don't forget the preschool beauty pageant.. but somehow I get the feeling you will soon fall in line and deal with it!

    Great laugh today thanks;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much enjoyed this whole Mama Drama. I am too sick to write something especially witty here, but I wanted you to know that it gave me a laugh which was sorely needed!

    I was one of the moms who encouraged her children to do things on their own. Crazy Mama would hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Helicopter Mom! Way to stand up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my I missed all the fun errr drama lol...

    I guess i am a bad parent i do curb drop offs heck sometimes i just come a slow roll and say hurry open the door and hop out....
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. is there any way i can get in on this? should i write a letter to the board in support of the curbside drop off, too??

    good job on the correspondence. i wouldn't have been able to be as polite and diplomatic. the fur would already be flying.

    maybe to send her over the edge, you should send her an email telling her you heard a rumor that they were going to make all the kids play russian roulette before naptime every thursday.

    ReplyDelete