Monday, February 2, 2009

Look at that hair! (and other important topics)

It's hard to believe my hair is actually long enough that I can put it in an "updo." This is quite an accomplishment considering just two years ago my hair was almost as short as my husband's (although I don't have a bald spot). Anyway, since the hair color did not show up well in my previous picture, I took one of just my hair so you viewers can actually see the color. Here is a better shot of the color.

Obviously you can't see that it is all pulled up. Nor can you see that I am sick. I didn't shower at all on Sunday, basically stayed drugged up on vicodin all day due to a major headache, neck pain and sore throat. So this morning I only showered my body and pulled up my hair so I could get my ass to the doctor and get some drugs. Strep throat. What's up with that? I went my entire childhood without strep throat. I rarely even had a sore throat. Since 2006, I have been getting strep throat 2-3 times a year. I am scared to death they will want to take out my tonsils. I hear that really sucks as an adult!

And if I weren't feeling so shitty, I'd probably write a long-winded post about how our national government is focusing their precious time on something as ridiculous as bickering and voting on whether or not to extend the start date for digital television because some idiots are behind the eight ball and "may not be ready." Well, guess what? Talk of digital television has been going on since about 2004. For the last year, the "start date" has been talked about non-stop. I think if the ass hats who aren't ready couldn't get their shit together in a year's time (longer really, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt), extending the date is not going to help them. Come on Mr. President and Congress, there's a war and a recession. People are dying and losing their jobs and homes. Screw the morons who aren't ready for digital television and get on with the important stuff.

14 comments:

  1. Amen! It is only TV after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your hair color! SO pretty!

    Yeah, and here's a clue....if you're in need of one of those digital converters and haven't gotten one already or just can't figure it out, you don't deserve to watch effin TV! Jesus! It's so ignorant! Um hello! It's 2009, people! And aren't there more IMPORTANT issues at hand? Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I hope you finally kick strep throat's tootie this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the hair is GORGEOUS!!!!!! listen, you do NOT want to get your tonsils out, if at all possible. it SUCKS when you are an adult. big time. i hope you feel better or have plenty of vicodin (or both)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color!!!
    I love your post! That's right, if they aren't ready after 4 years of telling them then they won't ever be.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have long enough hair, but I can never really manage to figure out an updo. I need a hair stylist at my house every morning!

    I was just ranting about this TV thing at work today, too! Seriously, do we have to watch those update flashes for the next four months?

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The TV thing is driving me crazy so is this damn stimulus package but that is a whole other story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow --- it's really red...looks great! I would love to see a pic of you with your hair in a pony tail.

    Agree with you 100%...it's sad that our President and Congress put the digital conversion issue high on their list of things to fix this country! Get real!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair color. It looks very natural.

    I often wonder how much money is being spent on the advertisements for digital TV that I see dozens of times a day. Who the hell even has an antenna TV, anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks so pretty - I love the color, and it looks like its in an updo - all fancy shmancy. :) I'm sorry you're feelin' crappy. You still managed to make me laugh, though. Loved the "ass hats" comment, and seriously...I didn't even know they were arguing about that. It's ridiculous...Ok, now quit reading comments and go pop another vicodin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about the strep! Ick. I've had it a couple times and that is no picnic. Anyway, love the blog and LOVE the hair! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOur hair and color are v pretty. Hair looks better when it's a bit dirty. At least, that's the thinking in Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair color is GORGEOUS. Sorry you're not feeling well :(

    ReplyDelete