Is it finally Friday? This week has dragged on forever. My husband even tried to put the trash out on Wednesday night, thinking it was Thursday and that Friday was just a few hours away. Apparently, the week is dragging on for him, too! So here we go, the drool of words that makes up Friday Fragments. Visit Mrs. 4444 for more written drool.
- Big E's blood tests were normal. All is well and it appears, he is just an alkaline kid. No acid trips for him.
- It wouldn't be a day in public if I didn't piss off a mom. I seem to be on a roll for pissing off moms lately. CJ (again, it's him. He's been the one out of the three of my boys with that ornery twinkle in his eye...), Big E and I were in the waiting room at the doctor's office. CJ was playing with this musical toy, which he had sitting on a kid sized table. This little boy, who was about two, walked up to the table and tried to grab it. CJ slid it off the table and put it into his own lap so the kid couldn't touch it. I told him to share, but honestly, was too lazy to get up and make a big deal out of it and the little kid didn't really seem to care and instead started making googly eyes at Big E, who played back. His mom was busy checking in and I heard her call his name. When she was finished, she came over to get him and loudly said, "I need to teach you to fight back." Huh? Your kid was the one who was taking my kid's toy. And yes, my kid was being selfish, but "fighting back?" I promise you, if the kid had been upset about CJ's selfishness, I would have made CJ share and give the kid a turn on the damn toy. Under the circumstances, though, I'm glad I didn't. That kid came around again and CJ did the same thing. I didn't say a word. I did smile very nicely at the mom, though.
- Holy shit! I am about to break the 50 followers barrier. Do you guys see that? Unbelievable to me. Thanks to you all for following, coming back to visit on a regular basis and leaving comments! Like all bloggers, I LOVE COMMENTS! They are often much better than my posts!
- Speaking of holy shit, I have written more than once about the traffic jam in my colon. I am improving in this area by drinking more water and adding some Fiber Sure to my "diet." In the last couple of days I have eaten big bowls of Cheerios and granola for dinner, hoping for it to do its magic overnight. BUT NOOOOOOO! Where was I on Wednesday (Ash Wednesday, hence the reason my shit was holy.) when it kicked in? Kroger. Doing my grocery shopping. We were in the baking aisle when I finally gave in and told CJ we were going to have to go to the restroom. He was happy because he decided he needed to pee. I nearly plowed over an elderly woman with my cart trying to get there before doing the dirty deed in my undies. Obviously, I have developed some trust with this public elimination room for I have now shat there twice. We must be forming a relationship because believe me, I will do anything not to use a public restroom.
- Twice in the last few days I have blogged about poop. What's up with that? I'm not even having a shitty week. Ba-da-bum. I'm here all week!
- I love this time of year when I start to notice the days are getting longer. I notice it EVERY YEAR because it means spring and summer are right around the corner.
- Georgie is heading up a Love Dare program. One of the dares was to ask your spouse/SO what three things irritate or make him/her uncomfortable. I asked MG this and I am happy to say he had a hard time coming up with three. He first said he has come to love the things that bug him and he just deals with it. I didn't let that go. Then he said "I am afraid this is just going to get me in trouble." He finally came up with three and they weren't anything I haven't heard before or didn't expect. He then asked me about the three things about him. I could only come up with two. The third one I just threw out there as something to wish for, but it doesn't really bother me.