Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Fragments

Can you believe it's Friday already? I can. It's been a long, sickly week and I am happy to finally have my razor blade on-fire sore throat under control. Since it's Friday, that can only mean one thing. FRIDAY FRAGMENTS. This is the day for me to try to get those thoughts that are constantly swirling around my cluttered brain put into words and then flowing out my fingers onto the keyboard and into this blog. Visit Mrs. 4444 for people just like me.
  • First and foremost, if you have not checked out the Join the Parade link for Tuesday and the Whitt Family, either through my blog or another blog, please do so! Join the celebration, post your pictures on your site and submit your link to MWOB or Life, Liberty and the Pursuit... If you don't have a blog and want to share some pictures here, just e-mail them to me (e-mail available through my profile) and I will put them here and let everyone know they belong to you!
  • My BFF pointed out, and I had noticed, too, that in my picture on Saturday, the light switch is above my head. I am not a little person (though I am only 5' 3"). My five year old took the picture, so I squatted down to his level.
  • I broke the 20 comment barrier for one blog post! Up until I blogged about drugs, the most comments I had received is 19. Now I know what kind of readers I truly have! I must say though, I got some of my more entertaining comments regarding the Mama Drama posts (found here and here. Thanks a bunch. I LOVE comments and if you haven't commented recently or ever, please feel free to join in on the fun!
  • Michael Phelps, marijuana, a bong and a camera. Go figure. Really, why are people surprised? It's the 21st century and he's a young, college aged guy. I swear, of all the people I know, I don't think I could come up with more than five or so people who have not smoked pot. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. For adults, not teenagers! Hell, if he can travel the world, make millions and is old enough to go to war, I think he should be able to take a toke or two without so much criticism. Of course, I am the one who thinks gonja should be legal. I realize parents are using him as a role model for their kids. Sous Chef, being an aspiring swimmer, loved watching him in the Olympics. Sous Chef cheered as loud as anyone when Michael Phelps won that race that put him over the edge for the most gold medals won. But Michael Phelps didn't agree to be our kid's role model, so he is not required to live by the standards of the parents who put him on that pedestal for their kids.
  • A big thanks to GEORGIE who, through a week of e-mailing back and forth with me, talked me through a "tutorial" of how to find Blogger in Draft. Now I don't have to do that crazy equation for strikethroughs and my pictures go where my cursor is without screwing up all of my text spacing!
  • Did you hear the great news on the Today Show this week? They were doing a segment on aging and used twins to show how environmental and life choices can make you look older (ie: sun, smoking, etc.). I was so thrilled to hear that when you are over 40 yrs. old, having a little extra weight can actually make you look YOUNGER! The reason is because the fat in your face helps to fill in the lines and sunken areas where the collagen has been lost. Woo hoo! Finally some good news.
  • Our local meteorologists are at it again with their elementary level predictions. They predicted a dusting of snow on Tuesday. When I woke up from a nap, this is what I saw. Eight inches on top of about four inches left over from last week.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! These are some fantastic fragments you have here!! Okay, as far as Phelps goes, I agree with a lot of what you say, but I disagree with the last part, because I believe he WAS agreeing to be a role model when he signed up for all of the endorsement ads he has. also, I lost 20 pounds a couple of years ago. After I gained it back, someone told me I looked better; that my skinny face made me look older. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to lose weight after all?! Have a great weekend!!!

    Blogger in Draft, huh? Maybe you can teach me, now! I didn't know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on the Blogger in Draft bandwagon!

    And my cousin told me on Wednesday when we were visiting (around the Tri-County Mall area on Kemper--look at me dropping names and directions like I know Cincinnati) that she and her son had to stay overnight in a hotel on Tuesday night because the snow got so bad during rush hour that they couldn't get home to the southeast side! What a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Blogger in Draft hint. I've been dealing with some issues that shouldn't take up so much time to try and fix, so I'm looking forward to digging around on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT FF!!!!
    I am so glad you got blogger in draft down you listed two of my FAV things about BID the strike through AND easier placement of pics in your post-it is soooo awesome lol

    and it is good to know that all this extra weight i am carring will indeed help me look younger ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so are you telling me that the back fat that pooches out of the top and bottom of my bra strap will keep me looking young forever? pass the zebra cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I need to check out Blogger in Draft! Right after I make all the rounds I haven't hit in like two weeks, tackle the last of my Mr. Linky issues, and do my SITS welcome wagon duties.

    Glad you're feeling better!! Thanks so much for the linky love - Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there...my computer has been on the fritz, otherwise I would've sympathized with your strep throat earlier because I GOT IT TOO! The week before you did! One of my students gave it to me, I know it. It kicked my ass this time and like you, I get it just about every year. I am so thankful for my health, so last night it was business as usual, back to the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to put in my two cents that I agree that pot should be legal. In Cali, people go to dispenaries for all kinds of pain relief. Would it be better if he doused his liver in legalized alcohol?

    ReplyDelete