Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Blog Frog

At the request of a loyal reader, I have been asked to explain The Blog Frog. So instead of explaining it in my words, which would result in total confusion for you, I have copied the description directly from them. Here it goes:

TheBlogFrog turns your blog into a social blog. When you are a member of the BlogFrog, you can install "Social Add-ons" to make your friends a part of your blog. You can install the Recent Visitors Add-on and it will show a picture of your friend when they visit your blog. The Chat Wall Add-on let's your friends send you notes, or you can use it to write a mini-blog post. The News Feed Add-on will tell you when your friends have posted and what they're talking about on their Chat Wall. TheBlogFrog is also a personal blog directory. It helps you find blogs by High School, College, Email, and more. TheBlogFrog can even suggest bloggers you probably know, just by looking at your blog.

Some of the widgets on TheBlogFrog displays paid promotions on its widgets. The revenue from these promotions keep TheBlogFrog running. To thank you for displaying these promotions, TheBlogFrog will donate 25% of proceeds generated to the charity you choose. You can chose the Make A Wish Foundation, American Cancer Society, UNICEF, Conservation Fund and American Humane Association.
I guess I use it more as a newtworking kind of thing, hoping to get a little PR for my blog. I don't really use the "socializing" part, but many of my bloggy friends aren't on The Blog Frog so I can't socialize via the BF anyway. In this respect, it's kind of like Facebook for Bloggers. I do like to see the little avatars of Sassy at Sassy Britches, and Dzzblnd at Soggy-Doggy-Bloggy, though, so I know they have visited! Though I am not sure why it says she hasn't been here for seven days, because I know for a fact she was a visiting just today!

Join up at The Blog Frog and we can connect!

10 comments:

  1. OK, either I need to update my contact prescription, or this is some sick joke played on old eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i see it on the left... thats kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering what the Blog Frog was all about:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I STILL wonder what Blog Frog is about, even though you've explained it, and I've clicked on it a few times! But, tee-hee, it IS pretty fun to see my little avatar there!

    I'm just relieved that it's the full avatar and not the "ASS" version most people get when the space is too tiny to see the whole word! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Sassy Britches - that's hilarious. A little Ass never hurt anyone :-)

    Sounds way cool. And another awesome reason for me to close my Facebook account. Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, after checking it out, i have to say i am intrigued. although is this going to be one more username/password i am going to have to remember???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about this blog frog, though I like the name ☺ it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay Kim - sorry it took me so long to read this!! I tried to read this post from my iPhone the other day and the blog frog part wasn't showing up!! I still have NO idea what it does although it is cute! Should I join? Like Deb I am worried about more passwords and such. I am trying to live my Less is More philosophy on my blog but boy is it tough!!!

    Thanks for explaining this for little ol' me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooooo i see now....but i see my lil avatar there and i dont think i am a member okay i off to check out the site
    THANK YOU for the explination

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay, but here's my question. If I give them my email address, are they gonna blow my cover? Are they going to link me to facebook and PTO? Ack!

    ReplyDelete