Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's a small world.

We have a nephew who graduated from the University of Michigan last spring. He hung around Ann Arbor for a while and then decided to spread his wings and take off for LA. His degree is Computer Animation or something similar to that. So off he went. No job, no housing, a little money ... well you get the picture. He sent us his address recently and I kid you not when I say he moved not just to Redondo Beach, but about six blocks a way from a very dear friend of mine and her hubby and kids, who obviously live in Redondo Beach, too. Her name is Lora, not be confused with Lora from Guam. I have known her since late elementary school and we have been friends ever since. She is a loyal reader of this blog. Her and her husband also own Glacier Ice Cream and Gelato in Manhattan Beach, so if you are in the area, stop in for a cool treat!

6 comments:

  1. I've got dear friends here in Texas that have a house in Manhattan Beach - I will pass along the Gelato place, though I'm pretty sure I've already heard her talk about it.

    So cool how the world works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how those things work, isn't it? I think this calls for a visit from you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know no one in california, nor have i ever been there! can you believe it? and yes, it is indeed a very small world... which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's a small world after all...."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sending Glacier some love! I so appreciate your support. Didn't realize your nephew went to Michigan, that's where my hubby got his undergrad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete