Monday, January 26, 2009

I'll believe it when I see it...

So far, every flippin' snow storm that has come our way has managed to go north or south of us. In some cases, it went BOTH north AND south, leaving us with nothing but cold, grey skies. It sucks. Now, they are calling for a Winter Storm Watch through Wednesday for my county and a Winter Storm Warning for counties south of the city (which is also south of the Ohio River). I am not holding my breath. The last time these meteorlogical flunkees gave us a Winter Storm Advisory, the wind "shifted" and it rained and stayed at about 33 degrees. Cold, grey, wet. That is the pits and DAMMIT, I want a snow storm and a snow day or two.

Today, CJ is supposed to take something that begins with the letter "P" to school. He immediately says to me: "I know what I can take. My PENIS. It begins with 'p' ."

I explained to him that his penis goes everywhere with him and that it really shouldn't be a part of show and tell. He said he wouldn't pull it out to show anyone, but he would tell them it was there. We are still searching for a substitute for the penis, but I am afraid he may still shout this out today during class.

12 comments:

  1. that's a stage they DON'T grow out of... my 15 yo still loves to shout out penis whenever and wherever he can. get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecil is one cool dude. (But, that was a very quick comeback on your part!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been funny around her too. As for Penis I think he a genius...penis does start with the letter p. Actually this sounds like something my hubby would say to me.

    I'm kinda glad I have a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes- penis! Nice save mom! I'm hoping the snow storm doesn't miss us, too- like it has all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh LMAO!!!! I swear we are related that is sooooo something my middle bean would have said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahaha...that's hilarious! I hope he found a suitable p-related substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute story. What is is with boy's and their willies? I can't imagine a little girl going to school saying the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is too funny!

    What better job could there be than to be a meteorologist? There's absolutely NO accountability! Most of the time their forecasts are totally bogus. And you KNOW they just get a hard on whenever there's a hurricane, tornado, blizzard, etc. on it's way!

    We're suppose to be getting ice tomorrow here in the Big D, and I DO mean Dallas....we'll see. We too are under a "Winter Advisory Watch" or whatever the heck it's called. I'm so ready for Old Man Winter to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I hope you sent him with pickles and that he kept his penis thoughts to himself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he's very clever. Of course, not everybody might appreciate his flash of brilliance, but I do!

    We have lots of snow, with more coming on Wednesday, and we'd be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i got your snow up here and will probably get more tonight through wednesday. i'd bring it to you but i'd rather it just stay south and dump it on you all instead. i hate snow, you seem to want it, so that would be the perfect solution for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! I imagine the teacher was prepared for that one - boys and their bits.

    That pride amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete