Thursday, January 15, 2009

Honest Scrap

Thanks to Adlibby on the Loose for this Honest Scrap Award. For this award, I must list ten things about myself and then pass on the award to seven other bloggers. I think all the bloggers I read have received this award, but I will see what I can do.

Ten (honest) things about myself:
  1. When I can't find a clean pair of socks, I wear a pair of my husband's dress socks. (That means whenever I buy him socks, because he doesn't shop, I make sure I like them in case I end up having to wear them.)
  2. I dread going places that are full of other people's children - school carnivals, birthday parties, Chuck E. Cheese.
  3. I rarely volunteer for anything that involves planning games/crafts/activities for a large group of kids because I hate it and I suck at it. I can also refer back to #3 on this one.
  4. In place of doing #3, I try to volunteer to bring food/drinks and to read to the kids.
  5. In college, when my boyfriend of 3+ years and I broke up, the chick who became his new girlfriend later confessed to me she was terrified of me and was afraid I was going to hurt her. (We did eventually become very friendly and that boyfriend and I, once we/I recovered from the ugliness of a breakup, are still friends. He and his family came to MG and I's wedding and we are Facebook buddies!)
  6. When I worked as a Human Resources Manager, I loved having the power to fire people.
  7. In relation to #6, I hated having to fire people who were trying really hard to be successful but were just not cutting it.
  8. I used to drink WAY too much WAY too often. Now I drink WAY too much only on occasion. The rest of the time I enjoy my meds. No, I don't over do it, I have never faked an illness or injury to get drugs, I don't use illegal drugs and I am not an addict. Having an ongoing prescription of muscle relaxers is a wonderful thing! (I guess nothing in this honest piece of scrap is a surprise to those who are near and dear to me and/or have been reading this blog for very long.)
  9. I have a fear of leaving my doors unlocked when I am in the house. My husband thinks I am paranoid. I think I am being safe, especially when home alone. It pisses him off though, when he is outside working and I go by and lock the door, resulting in him being locked out. I don't know what the problem is, there's a fridge in the garage full of beer. What else could he need?
  10. Sometimes I leave the water running. I don't do it often or for a long period of time, but sometimes I will have the water running and I need to go to the fridge real quick for something or I need to go to the stove to stir something. Well, it's easier just to leave the water on, after all, I am coming right back. That bugs my husband and he will walk over and turn it off, which in turn requires me to do the extra "move" of turning it right back on. However, it bugs me that he doesn't mind that when he turns off the faucet that he often doesn't turn it off enough to make sure it's not dripping. DRIP, DRIP, DRIP - that noise can drive a sane person CRAZY!

So there you have it. And now, I nominate the following for the honest blog award:

La Mom - her blog is so honest about her life in Paris, that she is totally anonyme! (Wow, I hope I got that right in French! How did I do, La Mom?)

Georgie at Decisionally Challenged - she leaves a confession each day! And for those who need to confess a thing or two, she opens her confessional once a month!

Mary Ellen at Adopting M.E. - she has been openly sharing her story of being adopted and now searching, and recently finding, her birth mother. She can also give you the honest poop about As Seen on TV gadgets. Anyone interested in the Sham Wow needs to go here.

Ok, so that's not seven, but this will have to do!

12 comments:

  1. we are soul sisters. i do number 10 ALL the time!!! i will leave the water running, run upstairs for something, get distracted and EVENTUALLY wander back into the kitchen, note that it is running (i'm not shocked by it anymore) and MAYBE go turn it off. or just leave it running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award It's always fun to get one. 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 are ALL me.. if I ever was HR #6 and 7 would be me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fool for Honest scrap- it's hard for me- I don't think there is much I haven't told! I like your admissions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I will be sure to get to this soon - I've been in a bit of a funk the last few days, but it might just be time to spill some of my secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I too hate going anywhere where I will be subjected to other people's kids. I hate crowds. I avoid them at all costs! And I used to drink way too much! Then I started getting sinus infections all the time and hangovers and that sucked the fun right out of it. But... several sinus surgeries letter and I'm having a glass of wine as I type this!

    Dig you and your blog! =)
    Adlibs

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh... I meant LATER... see, told ya I was drinking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always amazed at how you can say so much with so few words. I mean, (here I go!) #2 and #6? Done. Completely understandable with no extras. And completely descriptive of you in the self-deprecating way that we all know and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your BB and TY for thinking of me!!!!
    I am soooooooooo with you on #2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the award! And oui - you got anonyme right!
    I promise to forward this soon. Life is a bit stressful now. Major life changes that are taking up all my time.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...going back blog to blog tracing the origins of the Honest Scrap Award... (because I got one too!)

    ReplyDelete