Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today my husband turns 46. For the record, that is FIVE years older than me. (Ahhh, saying that never gets old! No pun intended.) It was more fun when he was in his 40's and I was still in my 30's. I'll have to wait until he turns 50 until I can pull out the old "different decade" jokes!

He's a young 46. He doesn't need much sleep, he stays up late playing poker with his buddies or watching old movies and then hauls his ass out of bed, without an alarm clock, and gets into work by about 7:30AM. He still plays Ultimate Frisbee and disc golf, both of which he is thrilled to have introduced to Big E, who will be playing his first adult Ultimate Frisbee tournament in February. He is slowing down a bit, though. Recently he was in a boot to combat some nasty achilles tendinitis (see comments about playing Ultimate Frisbee). He's out of the boot, but now in physical therapy for it. He takes the kids camping and even took them to Canada for a summer vacation (I stayed home, it was trip that was a little too rustic for me!). This past weekend he tore his motorcycle apart and is rebuilding it so it is ready to go this spring. He doesn't sit still very often.

He's an all around great guy and I am lucky! Happy birthday, Motorcycle Guy!

8 comments:

  1. awwww Happy Birthday to your hubby!
    mr gp is 5 yrs older than me too...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday MG! It's nice to be able to say "no matter how old I am, you'll always be older". my hubs is a year and a half older than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Hubby!!!!

    Give the guy a little tonight, will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday mr. hubs... i am just a tad jealous over the whole taking the kids to canada thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What more could a gal ask for? Do something fun to celebrate, okay?

    ReplyDelete