Friday Fragments - the day I can try to organize all my wacky thoughts into one chaotic post. Check out Mrs. 444's website to check out other chaotic bloggers.
- I bought that new mascara, Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara. This was such new "technonolgy" for me - makeup that adds "tubes" to your lashes and extends them beyond their normal length? Are you sure? Well, I am a sucker for trying almost anything once, so off to Target I went and made the purchase. The results? I LOVE this stuff. It does lengthen, it doesn't smudge or flake and it's not thick or cakey like some mascaras. It's awesome! It does take A LOT of water to get the mascara off and I honestly thought I was losing a huge amount of lashes. I was afraid if I looked too closely, I would see my eyelids would be bald. As it turns out, it was just the "tubes" coming off and resting on my face and washcloth.
- I love Facebook. I don't do all the "extras" that it allows, but it is fun to be in touch with people on a more regular basis. I have several friends from HS and a couple of college roommates that I am "friends" with. I like seeing their pictures and what they are up to. I don't have 1,000's of friends like some FBers do and I have actually turned down a request or two from people requesting my friendship. Yep, just more proof that I can be a bitch.
- I lost a follower this week. I hope it wasn't the Lords of Acid song that scared them off. I picked that song because my BFF and I loved dancing to it at our favorite club "back in the day."
- I think I should have been a meteorologist in my city, but first I would have had to flunk out of meterology school to hold that position here. I would have LOVED it if in my previous HR Mgr. job when I forecasted my staffing needs and hiring numbers, budgets for benefits and other department expenses, goals for the staff and other strategic planning that if I missed my mark I could have just said, "well, the wind shifted so..." In this case, according the weather man, we were under a winter weather advisory this week and expecting snow and ice during early morning and rush hour. Needless, to say, the "wind shifted" and all it did was rain.
- I keep in very close contact with a group of friends from when we lived in the Kansas City area. We have our own Yahoo group and we even have a "name" for us, although my husband just refers to us as the Ladies Binge Drinking Group. I know the whole thing sounds corny, but we have so much fun and are such a support system for one another! Anyway, one of them recently commented she was waiting for "back fat" to be cute. I think we are all waiting for that. And I am sticking with my response to her that in this economy, back fat is a necessity. When all the skinny bitches are starving, we'll be feeding off of our reserves!
- I'm amazed the plane crash on Thursday was as "minor" as it was. One of my greatest fears is crashing into the water by plane or car (or I guess by boat, but that seems less traumatic since you are ALREADY IN THE WATER!). And worse would be having my kids in the plane or car with me. My hands sweat just thinking about it. Whenever I have had to fly over the ocean, I have totally fretted that the plane would go down and I would be the only survivor, left as food for the sharks and other large fish. I am relieved to see that a water crash, at least by plane, was actually the best case scenario and maybe it would actually work out for the best.
- Every time I open a jar of pickles or a bottle of Mott's Apple Juice I say, "how do old people get these things open?" And I am serious. What do the elderly due when they are thirsty for Mott's or craving that pickle? I think my hands are pretty strong, being a massage therapist and all, and I can't budge these lids. I don't have arthritis, either, so that's not an excuse. I do admit my upper body strength (pectorals, back muscles) are pretty pathetically weak, but still. Thank goodness I have that lovely Pampered Chef gadget that opens bottles/jar lids like a pro.