Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Fragments

Here are my Friday Fragments. Fluffless, blunt and to the point - some days I can find my fluff and other days I can't. Check out Mrs. 444's website to find other bloggers who probably have much more creative and interesting Friday Fragments.

  • My new site is officially up and running and the old one is deleted. Thanks to those of you who followed me here and welcome to you newcomers! I hope you enjoy your visits here. I enjoy the company.
  • This week, I learned how to type with a strikethrough. Yea, it's been a productive week. Thanks, Ali and Catherine! I'll try not to overdo it go crazy use it too much too often. Oh hell, I'll try not to to abuse the strikethrough power!
  • My post on Tuesday got some informative and passionate comments. Check it out here. Thanks for everyone's input. I will continue to hope that people in this world can learn to get along. It doesn't mean we have to agree with everyone on everything or even that we have to LIKE everyone, but I think coexisting peacefully should be a goal for us all. I think I will be ordering this t-shirt and a bumper sticker. Not sure where I will put the bumper sticker as it has always been my practice to AVOID bumper stickers on my vehicle, but I might make an exception for this COEXIST message.
  • Move over Botox, there's a new paralyzer in town. There is a new product coming onto the market in the next few months that will be a direct competitor with Botox. It's less expensive and works quicker! I personally was thrilled to hear this. I'm not afraid to admit I have dabbled in the injection world in the not too distant past but had a hard time justifying the expense of my vanity. Buuut, if the price is going to be more reasonable, I may be back in that chair quicker than you can say "Inject me doc! And FAST!" Read about it here.
  • Holy leg lunge, Batman! On Sunday, I tried some things on the Wii Fit program I got for Christmas. I really like the Yoga and my body loves the stretching and breathing exercises Yoga offers. The stuff I was doing suggested I pair this one Yoga move with a strength training move. So I did. And in doing this strengthening move, you have to maintain a specific pressure/balance on the balance board, that's how you know if you are doing the maneuver correctly and getting the full benefits. Well, the lunge was a traditional leg lunge, which apparently I have been doing wrong my entire life based on my inabilities on this day. I was straining and sweating trying to keep my balance mark in the right place thinking "shit, there is no way I am going to be able to do this." Then I realized, I WASN'T doing it. I was staying in one place, the starting point, and wasn't even into the lunge yet! Yowzah! Once I actually started doing the lunges and then finished, I was pretty sure my wobbly, rubbery legs were not going to get me back up the stairs. I really need to work on this and strengthen this pathetic body of mine. Does Botox work for that? A five minute injection sounds so much easier!
  • I made delicious ham and bean soup this week. It was perfect for the 20 degree weather we are having. A friend had a ham bone left from their Honeybaked Ham and I have some good drugs that she wanted for a sore back. We made a trade and everyone is happy.
  • After the shock of finding out my in-laws have been reading my blog, unbeknownst to me, for the past year, I went ahead and shared this new site with my sis-in-law with a plea that she NOT share it, or any information within, with my MIL. Siblings, ok, parental units, not ok. At least my SIL knows what she is potentially getting into when she reads.
  • Earlier this week, CJ and I went to Moe's Southwest Grill for lunch. I was armed with a coupon for buy one entree, get one free. So I ordered a burrito for me and a kids quesadilla for him. When I tried to use my coupon, they wouldn't let me and said it was for two adult entrees, which it does not say on the coupon. I looked at the guy and said "This does not seem like good business sense to me. You are willing to give me a free $8.00 entree, but not a free $3.75 entree because it's a kid's entree?" Apparently, I was clear in my understanding of what he was telling me, because they still would not let me use the coupon. I was so irritated I came home and sent an e-mail to the corporate office. I have yet to hear anything back. I wish now I would have thought to cancel the order and re-order my burrito and an adult quesadilla, which I would have then received for free with my coupon. Next time I know to do that. With ridiculous business decisions like this one, it's no wonder companies are going out of business right and left and/or need a government bailout.
  • I think my recession denial is working. It seems that things might be getting a little better. Or is that just more denial?

13 comments:

  1. do you have to know a secret password or belong to a special club to learn the strikethrough? i've been too afraid to ask, but oh so jealous of those that hold the power. congratulations.

    i am all for shooting up. my nasolabials are out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strikethrough...I've been wondering how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I overused the strikethrough too when I discovered the secret!

    I have had the same thing at Moe's - I showed them and got my kid the full size cheese quesadilla- so dumb, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have the password for the secret strikethrough club? Where do people learn these things? Is there a manual? a fantastic website that tells us neophite bloggers how to rock it?

    Love the Coexist bumpersticker and t-shirt. Whenever I see that bumpersticker, I wish that person well & instantly like them.

    Moe's shmoes -- that's the kind of stupidity that drives me bat-shit crazy!

    Have a great weekend!
    Adlibby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, bloggers. Here is the super top secret way to get the strikethrough, but don't tell anyone...

    type <> with an s in the middle of the brackets, type your word then type <> with /s in the brackets. It's that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Moe's! ...where kids have to have 3x more quesadilla than they can eat in one sitting. I've had the same problem.

    With wordpress, all I have to do is hit the strikethrough key. Finally, I found an upside to wordpress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I have been trying for two days to figure out the strikethrough weapon! Help a girl out!

    I am in love with the Coexist shirt. It's in my favorites so I can come back and buy it. Thanks.

    Do not tell Pokey you're a drug trader :) I've been trying so hard to get him to believe that it is not okay to use drugs prescribed for others' issues!

    Hear, hear with the coupon/crazy business decisions people! That's a wasted $4.25 if they had let you get the adult entree. (Mad math skills, eh?) Stupid ignoramuses. (Or is it ignoramusi? I should have stopped with the math while I was ahead).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you try the two magic words "Manager Please"? Of course, reading the comments, other people have had the same experience, so the manager is probably in on it. You can bet he's not one of the top performers!

    The mystery of the strikethrough has been lifted! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Julia. It WAS the manager who said I couldn't use it. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're funny. I hate it when you have to deal with employees who can't think for themselves. It's crazy. I'm sure you will hear back from that company with a coupon or something. Good luck! And thanks for all the fragments! Holy cow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock, Jo! I SO don't want my in-laws reading my shizzz, but, if they do happen upon it, ce la vie. I think the prob at the restaurant was a dummass employee not being flexible and using the "customer is always right" rule. I have so many things like that that piss me off...I think I'll start a list and post it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ADORE Ham and Bean soup!! Now, get your ass over here and teach me strike throughs. I'll whip up some drinks........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok maybe that is why our Moe's went out of business. I had never eaten there though.
    Bean soup? That sounds yummy! Recipe?
    And can I just had, you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete