Here are my Friday Fragments. Fluffless, blunt and to the point - some days I can find my fluff and other days I can't. Check out Mrs. 444's website to find other bloggers who probably have much more creative and interesting Friday Fragments.
- My new site is officially up and running and the old one is deleted. Thanks to those of you who followed me here and welcome to you newcomers! I hope you enjoy your visits here. I enjoy the company.
- This week, I learned how to type with a
strikethrough. Yea, it's been a productive week. Thanks, Ali and Catherine! I'll try not to overdo it go crazyuse it too much too often. Oh hell, I'll try not to to abuse the strikethrough power!
- My post on Tuesday got some informative and passionate comments. Check it out here. Thanks for everyone's input. I will continue to hope that people in this world can learn to get along. It doesn't mean we have to agree with everyone on everything or even that we have to LIKE everyone, but I think coexisting peacefully should be a goal for us all. I think I will be ordering this t-shirt and a bumper sticker. Not sure where I will put the bumper sticker as it has always been my practice to AVOID bumper stickers on my vehicle, but I might make an exception for this COEXIST message.
- Move over Botox, there's a new paralyzer in town. There is a new product coming onto the market in the next few months that will be a direct competitor with Botox. It's less expensive and works quicker! I personally was thrilled to hear this. I'm not afraid to admit I have dabbled in the injection world in the not too distant past but had a hard time justifying the expense of my vanity. Buuut, if the price is going to be more reasonable, I may be back in that chair quicker than you can say "Inject me doc! And FAST!" Read about it here.
- Holy leg lunge, Batman! On Sunday, I tried some things on the Wii Fit program I got for Christmas. I really like the Yoga and my body loves the stretching and breathing exercises Yoga offers. The stuff I was doing suggested I pair this one Yoga move with a strength training move. So I did. And in doing this strengthening move, you have to maintain a specific pressure/balance on the balance board, that's how you know if you are doing the maneuver correctly and getting the full benefits. Well, the lunge was a traditional leg lunge, which apparently I have been doing wrong my entire life based on my inabilities on this day. I was straining and sweating trying to keep my balance mark in the right place thinking "shit, there is no way I am going to be able to do this." Then I realized, I WASN'T doing it. I was staying in one place, the starting point, and wasn't even into the lunge yet! Yowzah! Once I actually started doing the lunges and then finished, I was pretty sure my wobbly, rubbery legs were not going to get me back up the stairs. I really need to work on this and strengthen this pathetic body of mine. Does Botox work for that? A five minute injection sounds so much easier!
- I made delicious ham and bean soup this week. It was perfect for the 20 degree weather we are having. A friend had a ham bone left from their Honeybaked Ham and I have some good drugs that she wanted for a sore back. We made a trade and everyone is happy.
- After the shock of finding out my in-laws have been reading my blog, unbeknownst to me, for the past year, I went ahead and shared this new site with my sis-in-law with a plea that she NOT share it, or any information within, with my MIL. Siblings, ok, parental units, not ok. At least my SIL knows what she is potentially getting into when she reads.
- Earlier this week, CJ and I went to Moe's Southwest Grill for lunch. I was armed with a coupon for buy one entree, get one free. So I ordered a burrito for me and a kids quesadilla for him. When I tried to use my coupon, they wouldn't let me and said it was for two adult entrees, which it does not say on the coupon. I looked at the guy and said "This does not seem like good business sense to me. You are willing to give me a free $8.00 entree, but not a free $3.75 entree because it's a kid's entree?" Apparently, I was clear in my understanding of what he was telling me, because they still would not let me use the coupon. I was so irritated I came home and sent an e-mail to the corporate office. I have yet to hear anything back. I wish now I would have thought to cancel the order and re-order my burrito and an adult quesadilla, which I would have then received for free with my coupon. Next time I know to do that. With ridiculous business decisions like this one, it's no wonder companies are going out of business right and left and/or need a government bailout.
- I think my recession denial is working. It seems that things might be getting a little better. Or is that just more denial?