Saturday, January 3, 2009

Another good read...

I just finished reading Loving Frank, by Nancy Horan. It is a historical novel about Frank Lloyd Wright and his relationship with Mamah Borthwick Cheney while they were both married to others. I love historical fiction (and really hated history in high school and college!), but admit, I often have to look up information when reading to verify what parts of the book may not be exactly accurate. It appears most of this book is on target, though some characters have been added to the story that did not exist in "real life."

If you are looking for a good book, check out this one. It does drag just a little in the middle, but nothing that made me want to stop reading.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recomendation-I love a good book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl...if I only had time to read a REAL book....something more than More Spaghetti I Say, or Wimpy Kid Diaries, or BLOGS!!!! LoL! Besides, over the years, I'm too ADD to read and constantly lose my place and have to go back and read it over b/c my mind starts to wander.....I've yet to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation!

    I am glad to have found you, through Julia's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reco. I need a new book for reco for my bitch club, oops, I mean book club.

    ReplyDelete