Thursday, December 11, 2008

My favorite mistake

I changed my playlist today. On the new playlist is my favorite Sheryl Crow song, My Favorite Mistake. I think every girl has someone who is her "favorite mistake." Since my favorite mistake is not a bad ending or experience like in this song, I smile every time I hear this song. Not a longing, "oh I want to do that again" kind of smile. Just a smile. And not necessarily about HIM, but the whole time period - that time in my life, what I was doing, where I was, how much fun I was having. I don't want to go back but I also have no regrets. Well, maybe a few, but none about my favorite mistake.

My other favorite Sheryl Crow song? Are You Strong Enough to be my Man? Let me just tell you, it is hard being my man. Thankfully, my husband is strong enough. He can handle me and he does a good job at it. (You'll need to turn off the playlist if you want to watch the video.)

6 comments:

  1. I love that song! And i agree, I think we all have a favorite mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE both songs! I never really thought about my favorite mistakes until I heard that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging Under the InfluenceDecember 11, 2008 at 1:17 PM

    dizzblnd: i like how you say mistakeS, with an S. as in plural. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, great song, takes me back too... I wonder where cheryl is now, do nt hear much from her, huh?? Great post! LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both of these songs and they are on my Ipod. I think you're doing well if your favorite mistake still makes you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think...licking the guy's face in Mt. Adams at your bachelorette party could qualify in your "Favorite mistake category."

    ReplyDelete