Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's time

I don't exercise. I don't particularly like it, with the exception of a good, brisk (or not) walk. However, I am going to start. I got a Wii Fit for Christmas. This may not sound like a gift many people would want, but I did ask for it. Some of the things I don't like about working out is having to leave the house to go to a gym or a class, being on a schedule due to a signing up for a class, seeing others while I work out, etc. etc. Now I can exercise in the comfort of my own home. So far, I have completed the testing each day - I am in the normal range for BMI and weight, but I set some goals to lower each. More than anything, I would just like to be a little more flexible with some yoga stretching and to tone up some. So I love my gift and I can't wait to start using it on a regular basis. The few things I have been able to do on the program have already left my legs a little sore. I am an exercise wimp. It's been hard to get a hold of the Wii the last few days with five boys in our house plus whichever neighbor kid(s) happens to be here.

I also got a nice pair of pjs. I love getting pjs for Christmas and my best friend usually gets them for me, but with her recent move to Guam and the chaos that goes with that, we decided not to exchange gifts. But my husband did buy me a pair!

6 comments:

  1. I will be following your Wii Fit progress and I will be inspired. I hope.

    I used to be so good at working out but with this third kid, my ass is being kicked. I feel like I'm working out when I'm watching all my kids!

    But I have GOT to get it in gear....hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even me am thinking for going for morning walks for the past 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to see how the Wii fit works out - I have a bunch of unused exercise equipment, and I'm dying to see if this one stays fun over time. You don't mind being my consumer tester, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got new pj's too and love them! Pink with dogs on them:) I promise to start exercising again in 2009. Whether that will be January or September, I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hey there" here's an idea, go get you some walking dvd's, they are a great way to get functionally fit. I found mine at Ross, and it's awesome. One, two, three, mile walks, right in front of the tv. How convenient is that, try it you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. by the way, "Music" very nice, keeps me smiling
    thanks

    ReplyDelete