Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is that Rudolph that just cut me off?

In recent years, I have seen the occasional vehicle adorned with a Christmas wreath wired onto the grill of the car. Eh, cute. I guess. This year, I have seen several cars with reindeer antlers - one sticking out of each front seat window. I assume this is to make the car "look like" a reindeer. Then yesterday, I saw a car with a BIG RED NOSE on the grill, which I can only think means the car is Rudolph. They didn't have antlers though, so some crucial reindeer parts were missing. And in my opinion, the antlers should be added immediately if I am to believe your car is Rudolph. I am wondering if this is an Ohio thing. I can't remember if I saw any of this stuff during the time we were living in the Kansas City area.

I love decorating for Christmas, but I am a little unsure about decorating the car. I am not an over the top, frilly kind of gal, and this practice seems to border on the edge of "over the top and frilly".

14 comments:

  1. I've seen them this year, too. I think it's cute, but I wouldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are here too in Big D! People also seem to like to adorn their roof racks with garland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so do not understand the whole decorating the car thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I draw the line at decorating my car...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love seeing the Rudolph cars, but get upset if either the antlers or nose are missing. They'll have to look at the other ones, though, because they aren't going on my car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is some serious dedication! I could not see myself doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the wreaths on the grill thing, mostly on semis, but the reindeer antlers is a new thing. I think if you put a red nose on your grill and don't include the antlers, you just come off looking like a clown car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I can only appreciate it on semi trucks. There was one behind me today with a big red velvet bow on its grill. I had to smile. I know truckers live a very hard, draining career existence, and every little bit of perkiness helps, I'd bet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. New blog name! I saw it on my reading list manager and was like, "When did I subscribe to Blogging Under the Influence?" Surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the new name - so glad you took the plunge! And my guess is you are blogging under the influence of....hugs today!! just kidding.

    No wreaths on any cars. Don't see it that often here in LA - actually more people need to decorate here. Too many houses without lights...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Rudolph car thing. I actually saw one the first time just the other day and called me hubby on the cell to tell him I wanted some! he didn't find it quite as enticing as I did, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, i live in ohio, a little north of you. i haven't noticed any of these decorated cars. i could argue that i don't notice much of anything these days, but a reindeer adorned car? i think that'd penetrate my haze.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rudolph has even made it to Guam! It just seems odd....since it feels like summer every day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, they have them here in SoCal, but they always seem to be on the big cars like Expeditions or Hummers....why do they need big cars like that out here???

    ReplyDelete