Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sous Chef!

Today, my middle son turns nine. NINE! He is my middle son in age and also birthweight - he weighed in at 9.9 lbs. He was born after about 30 minutes of labor. The doctor barely made it. It was because of him, my doctors prepared my husband and I for a home birth with my third pregnancy. (Thankfully, the skills they taught us were NOT needed with that third little guy!)

Sous Chef is a sweet, sweet kid. When he loves something, he loves it with all of his being. These loves include his family, video games, books, cartoons and Skyline Chili (a local thang). He is currently playing basketball and is working on his swimming classes/skills so he can be on the swim team. I do believe he is part fish! He seems to have inherited my husband's IQ and has tested into the gifted education program in our school district. He says funny things like "Can you turn on the pooper heater?" (He was referring to the bathroom fan when he was about 4 yrs. old and he stunk up the bathroom.)

Happy Birthday, Sous Chef!

7 comments:

  1. My daughter was also 9.9! Happy Birthday little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Adam! He sounds like a character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was a BIG baby! Happy Bday Adam! My baby girl turns 9 this Monday....time flies TOO quickly fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "day you were born" reminiscing. He sounds like a wonderufl young man; how proud are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Adam! Have a great weekend with the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! Happy birthday to your middle kid weighing in at 9.9 lbs! And I though I had big babies! WOW!

    ReplyDelete