Check out Mrs. 444's website to find other bloggers doing Friday Fragments. And check out her blog. She'll keep you entertained.
- I'm thinking of changing my blog name to "Blogging Under the Influence". That word "influence" would mean something different each day and you would have to guess what "influence" I was under based on my writings.
- Can you believe I now have 11 followers? Wow! Really, there are ELEVEN people who want to hear what I have to say on a regular basis. I am in heaven.
- This week, I had a blog entry that got 11 comments. Ok, one of them was my own. But who wouldn't respond to being told that in France the government would pay for me to have a certified therapist give me an electric tampon and/or finger? Man, I am living in the wrong country!
- I am wondering why the economics and financial wizards of the country can't just stop all this talk about a recession. First of all, I don't really think we needed them to confirm we are in a recession. Secondly, it really puts a damper on those of us who live in denial. Can't they just join me in my state of denial bliss?
- Go UC! My husband and I are both graduates of the University of Cincinnati. (Scary to say, we graduated in the 20th century, not this current one! And my husband graduated in a different DECADE than me! Oh yeah, I just can't get enough of that joke. We're only five years apart. And I never let him forget he is older.) I don't follow college (or any other) football closely, but it is hot news here that UC is doing so well in football. This is historically unprecedented. Now if the Steelers can do well enough to keep my Pittsburgh born and raised husband happy, we'll be a football partying house. Not that we need much of an excuse to throw a party.
- Since my original pair of red undies was a dismal failure (except for being a 30 second get up (that was for you, Lee!) before becoming a floor decoration. BUT I am still lovng the red bra!), I decided to buy a more practical pair. Success! And still hot, too.
- On Tuesday, I was getting ready to take a shower and I heard pounding. I couldn't figure out if someone was pounding urgently on a door to my house or if the neighbors were quickly building a deck or WHAT. So, there I am, naked and I decide to look out our bathroom windows, which are pretty large. We have window blinds that are 1/2 way down from the top so the sun can shine in but we are not regularly exposing ourselves to our neighbors, when we are standing at floor level (this phrase is the important part of that sentence). So, I get up on the area surrounding the tub (take note: I am no longer at floor level) and walk over to the windows to look down to see if I can see anyone near my house or any of the neighbors out in their yards pounding on something. I am thoroughly confused about where this banging is coming from. Then I see it. I look straight ahead and see about five or more men on the roof directly behind us, right in full view of my naked body, putting a new roof on the neighbor's house. I am pretty sure none of those men saw me, though, because I didn't see a anyone jump from the roof as he screamed a blood curdling scream of "my eyes! my eyes! somebody yank out my burning eyes!"
- I was driving home one day this week and I saw a neighbor with a big green box on their porch. That could only mean ONE thing. Our corporate gift has arrived! My husband works for a large, international consumer products company, as do many of our neighbors throughout our subdivision, so these big green boxes are everywhere. It was a good day and you can see it's the simple things that make our family happy!