Monday, December 15, 2008

Do we really have a bowling alley in our basement?

This question came up after I posted earlier today about our holiday party. We do NOT have a full sized bowling lane in our basement. I was unsure how to word this contraption - we call it a bowling machine, but that wasn't clear either. What we have is a 20 foot bowling machine/game from the late 50's. It uses bowling balls that are about the size of a cantaloupe. It is always a big hit with the young and old as it is such a novelty.

Here's an ad from when the bowling machine was around in the late 50's and early 60's.


Here are pictures of our bowling alley.

9 comments:

  1. how utterly cool is that!!! Oh I want one now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone who had one of these when I was a kid. I was jealous then, and I'm jealous now. You are officially the coolest person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yes. TOTALLY the coolest person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the COOLEST things I have ever seen!

    BTW, I gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I am so there next year for wine and desserts and BOWLING! That looks like so much fun and we would never see that cool thing here in LA - lamos that we are. No one has the space for it - except for all those richy TBT people and then they would be too snobbo for the bowling alley in their big home action.

    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your are the most popular mom on the block and your kids are the most popular kids at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. growing up, the family across the street had one- I LOVED IT!!! Hated the kid, but toatlly used him to play his Bowling game!!!

    ReplyDelete