Friday, November 7, 2008

Washing with oil

After reading about washing your face with olive oil at Balancing Everything and then following up at The Oil Cleansing Method, I decided to give it a try. I am using the sunflower (75%) and castor oil (25%) mixture. I am a little unsure about this process. Washing my face with oil sounds counterintuitive since I have kind of oily skin, but when reading about why it works, it made sense. I have this huge fear though that I am going to wake up and find my face covered in zits and looking like an oil slick, never to recover again. So far though, soft and smooth as a baby's butt. Just what you want your face to feel like. And honestly, it does look less oily. I didn't even need to touch up yesterday with powder. It feels like it might have the potential to go a little dry, so I may need to cut back on the castor oil. Maybe I should swallow what I don't use on my face to prevent that traffic jam my colon frequently experiences. Isn't it a little unnerving that what I am using on my face is the same thing that others use to keep the colon flowing? Maybe castor oil's new slogan should be - keep your face smooth as a baby's butt and keep your butt running smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment