Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Still shopping

Today, I ventured into the department stores. What I hate about them? I hate shopping by "collection" or "designer." I just want my jeans in one place, my shirts/tops/sweaters in another, etc. etc. I don't care so much about the label as long as the clothes are cool and fit nicely. I don't want to have to go to three different floors to try on different pairs of jeans. I am exhausted by the end and none of that going up and down the escalators or elevators shrinks my ass and thighs enough to fit into a size 1 pair of jeans. If all that going up and down resulted in a size 1 ass and thighs, though, I would totally be in support of jeans by "collection" on different floors.

I bought the black turtnleneck I NEED for the winter. I also knew when I was walking out of the store, I would be returning it. Really. And I did. I knew I did not want a turtleneck with the designer's label/logo on the neck. I don't know what possessed me to buy it. But I did. And I returned it. I'm not one for logos on my clothing or accessories, with exception of Coach items. I make an exception for my purses. I don't know why and I can't explain, but I love Coach purses and have not bought any other kind of purse in as long as I can remember. Nordstrom's was my next stop and I bought a couple of cute things there. I am still without a black turtleneck. Oh well.

I found a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant to eat lunch. It was delicious and gave me a break from the cold rain. I read my book, ate and got warm. Yep, I was motivated again today to buy something so I didn't have to carry that damn book under my arm all day. Maybe that's why I bought the turtleneck. Yeah, I'll go with that.

Oh, and I saw on the news this morning the Obama's are back. I haven't been able to track them down, but I still have about 18 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Okay I missed something along the way...where are the kids again? I mean, just going up and down an escalator without my three kids sounds like a tropical paradise to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. those hole in the wall places are always the best to eat at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging Under the InfluenceNovember 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM

    Aaaahhhh...kids are with the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog! I really like it - and I HATE shopping also. But I do love labels (just not the timny sizes and huge prices).

    ReplyDelete