Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mom guilt

I received an e-mail from a friend today who was lamenting that she could not attend all of the daytime activities for her two children. She recently went back to work full-time and is doing that dance of balancing home and work life. I have no doubt she is doing a great job at it, but she was bummed today at not being able to attend the school parties. I don't work (three hours a week one night a week does not qualify me as a "working mom." I am not sure what it qualifies me as, but I'll leave it at that.) and I don't make it to everything - sometimes by choice, sometimes by circumstance. Sometimes it's because there is no way in hell I am going to be roped in to creating/playing a game or doing a craft with 12-24 kids WHO ARE NOT MINE! Ask me to bake something and I'm all over that, but DO NOT ask me to entertain those kids!

What I really wanted to say to all the moms (and dads) out there who are struggling to do it all, to be everything, to never fail is "RISE UP (yes, I really want you to physically stand up at this moment), THROW YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND SHOUT 'I AM INADEQUATE AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF IT!' "

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim and Co! Right on - I am checking you out after you posted on moms without blogs! I love this post! You are truly a MOWB even though you have a blog. I love it. I am rushing around right now but I will be back to check in on your blogging action...I need more funny moms in my corner. Happy Day...
    Lee

    ReplyDelete