Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday Fragments


I have decided to become a regular participant in the blogging ritual of Friday Fragments. Mrs. 4444 does a great job of listing bloggers who like to use their Fridays to ramble about a multitude of things instead of a (somewhat) organized blog entry! Here it goes:
  • Welcome to my newest follower, Julia, at Sometimes Lucid!
  • Only two years and 50 weeks to go before my BFF moves back to the states.
  • Not only am I addicted to this blogging thing AND e-mail, I can add "checking my Evite RSVP's" to the list of addictions. What's up with that? What is it that drives me to check several times a day to see if anyone else has responded to our Holiday Dessert Party?
  • And in addition to the above, I think I am addicted to comments and I just don't get enough of them. I am so in love with getting comments that when I leave comments on other blogs, I check the box to get "follow up comments" sent to me. That way I feel like I am getting comments. I try to pretend they are mine. I have a good imagination. (And if you notice I have visited your blog a 100 times in one day, that is why!)
  • I made Jewish Jelly Rolls for the first time ever. Don't ask me what makes them Jewish, because I am not sure. I needed to give a trial run at baking these since I am planning to make them for our dessert holiday party, but couldn't knowingly serve them until I was sure they actually were worth eating. They are. I had to put them in the freezer right away to prevent them from being eaten in a days time.
  • I have not started Christmas shopping. I am always a little envious, and highly irritated, by those women who walk around shouting to the world "I get all of my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving!" Bitches. (Sorry if this applies to any of you. I don't really mean it, I'm just jealous.)
  • I was thrilled to get carded this week when buying those Thanksgiving necessities of beer and wine. I looked at her funny and she said, "We have to card anyone under 40." God bless this woman. Never mind that she was about 70 and maybe had forgotten her glasses. I left that store skipping and smiling.
  • I am so NOT a touchy feely kind of person. I feel my body stiffen with anxiety whenever my MIL enters my house. And when walking into her house, I can barely get up the porch steps into the house because my body has literally turned to stone preparing to protect itself. She doesn't just give the polite kiss and hug, but does a longer, double kiss on each cheek and an extended hug. Sometimes she repeats!
  • Speaking of my MIL, if I have to see her naked or half naked one more time, I just don't know what I will do.

3 comments:

  1. This is a silly, happy, cheerful post; glad you could purge all of these thoughts, because they really made me smile.

    Off to meet your lucid friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Fragments -I may have to join the party but believe it or not, my brain is feeling way too fragmented today and I fear I can't even come up with fragments to jot down.

    Love that you're addicted to the Evite RSVP's - that makes me laugh.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are like my long lost sister. I am addicted to most of the same things you are. And thanks for giving me a shout out!!

    By the way, can you post the recipe for Jewish Jelly rolls?

    ReplyDelete