Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Boys and their toys.

Before I go to my regular post, I wanted to thank Lee at moms without blogs for giving me my second blog award! Check out her blog. She's an LA mom who is tired of trying to reach supermom status. Jeez, what mom can't relate to that? She also has referred to me recently as "brilliant" and "genius", so of course, I think she rocks.

Here's what this award is all about... "This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - the nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I am limiting my nominations to the following three:
  • La Mom's Paris - La Mom is an American mom living in Paris. To quote La Mom, her blog "is all about bitchy mommy dinner clubs, even bitchier book clubs, pricey mommy maintenance, playdate protocol, and catty mommy profiling. All that with a bit of complaining about the French and dog poop mixed in!" Check it out and you'll get a few free French lessons, too!
  • Home of the Lazy Dog - Ali is a mom from Arkansas raising a family. She likes to cook. Check out her recipe link!
  • A Girl and Her Life - Tuesday Girl is currently coping with "single parenting" while her husband has moved to New Hampshire for new career. She and the kids will be catching up with him once they sell their house in New Jersey. Check her out and give her some support!

Now on with the show!

A few weeks ago, my five year son old was taking a bath while I was getting ready for the day. I looked in the mirror and saw his reflection. He was on his knees letting the water from the faucet run onto his schmeki. And smiling!

I asked him what he was doing and he sat down real fast and said, "Nothing."

So I asked, "Were you letting the water run on your penis?"

Smiling, he said, "Yes."

I followed it with, "Feels good, doesn't it?"

He smiled even bigger and said, "Yes" and got back up on his knees for some more action.

I could tell similar stories about the other boys in this house, but they're old enough that they do deserve some level of privacy.

6 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Boys!
    Thanks for the award, you are making me blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and thank you!

    The other morning when my 6 yr old woke up, he pulled down his pj's and said "Look! My peepee is BIG!" ::sigh:: Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new award and I'm loving the blog awards roll on your sidebar.

    Big Fry loves to lay on the floor and "massage" his little guy. I'm hoping he grows out of it soon....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pardonnez-moi! Where are my manners?!!!
    Merci to you for the blog award. I will pass it on before the week is up.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lil' dude is only 17 months and playing with mr penie in the bath is already a joy. It freaks my mom out whenever she gives him a bath...she says "Oh Lee, something's wrong...he's uh...playing with himself down..there!" Really Mom? Something's WRONG? Then I guess something's wrong with mankind...

    P.S. Thanks for the new blogs to check out... : - )

    ReplyDelete