Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vanilla Chai

Doesn't that sound like a yummy coffee house drink?

My husband works for a large consumer products company. We get all kinds of free stuff. When Sous Chef was a baby, we didn't buy diapers from about his three month birthday until he was potty trained. We ended up giving away cases of diapers to the Free Store once he was potty trained. I can't remember the last time we bought dishwashing, dishwasher or laundry detergent. Same for fabric softener. In fact, if you stop by my house on the right day, you may find yourself going home with a box full of these things, as often happens to our friends, family and neighbors after a visit to our home. Toothpaste? What aisle is that in? I can't remember because it's been ages since I made that purchase. Anyway, recently he came home with a variety of deodorants for men and women. One of my "flavors" was vanilla chai. Seriously. When I wear it I smell like a candle from the Yankee Candle Co. I am thinking this might be one of their products they are giving away because it didn't pass the test market requirements. Yes, I still wear it. IT WAS FREE. But then I cover it up with a lot of my husband's cologne. Indeed, I have been wearing his cologne because A) I love the way it smells and B) I haven't bought any perfumes for me since I ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment