Friday, October 17, 2008

Relaxing is a good thing!

Yesterday, I again got to rush home from dropping off CJ at school and crawled onto the couch with a blanket and the remote. And slept. For two hours. To add to the enjoyment, it was a cool day and I had the windows open to let in the breeze, requiring me to bundle up in the blankets. Oooohhhhh so good.

I might even get to do it again today! Two days in a row. That will be a record.

I was wondering what else I could write about today and realized I really don't have much. I'm a little burned out on the political thing, no one really wants daily updates of my grass growing project, which is going very well, by the way; and my kids haven't done anything super funny. Boring is good sometimes, but a little excitement and humor would be a welcome change.

My oldest brother and his wife are coming to my house tomorrow for dinner. This is a strained relationship. Not between the two of us so much, just that I am in the middle of my dad and mom vs. my brother and his wife. I really don't want to go into the details - it might take days to type it all up and it is rather childish on all parts. I can say in a nutshell, it comes down to my mom being my brother's step-mom. My dad was married prior to marrying my mom and having more children. There are hurt feelings that go way back on all sides and it came to a blow a few years ago. I am being Switzerland and will let the four of them behave however they want.

Wish me luck.

PS: Thanks to those who have left recent comments! I like reading ALL opinions, even when they aren't in line with my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment