Friday, October 31, 2008

Cluttered brain

I have talked before about my cluttered brain. It's cluttered again - overwhelmed, tired and maybe just a little fucking bored. That means a few things - my house is a mess, my kids have no clean clothes to wear, their projects that they need help with are only half-assed finished, I have no candy for Halloween, and I am going shopping. For clothes. For me. Today. At least I know that generally, after a good night's sleep and some good socializing, it goes away. I honestly think that what brings this on is that too much is going on at one time. I volunteer a lot, my kids always have something going on, my husband always wants sex, I work (even if just a few hours a week), and I have the usual stuff that someone running a household has - you know, trying to feed your family and keep your kids clean. It's easier for me to just shut down - my thoughts, my actions - and withdraw into my own little world inside my head. I am so good at tuning everyone and everything out. I hear my kids calling my name, but it could take me a good few minutes to say "What?". Usually that's after they come and tap me on the shoulder and say "MOM" real loud in my face. I haven't found a way to tune that out yet. But I'm working on it. Lexapro anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I just got finished telling hubby that we're giving out potatoes and saltines for Halloween. I'm hoping to get out of the house before the trick or treaters make it over!

    Have you tried hiding in the bathroom with some cookie dough? Sometimes that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you! Laxapro isn't even strong enough for my moments- good luck- I'm sure this, too will pass, but it's a bitch til it does!

    ReplyDelete