Monday, September 22, 2008

That felt so good

For the first time in as long as I can remember on school days, this year and last, I had nothing on my schedule today and all kids were gone. Everyone was at school. CJ and I had nowhere to be this morning and then he had school this afternoon. I had nowhere to be this afternoon - no school volunteering, no meetings, no lunches, no NOTHING! I could have found something, but I didn't. I dropped off CJ at school and came right back home. I got a glass of sparkling fresh ice water and plopped onto the couch with a blanket, the remote and a soap opera. And I promptly fell asleep. It was a light sleep and I woke up every now and then to see what was happening on TV and then out I went again. It was wondeful. I think I should try to do this once a month, but I know it won't happen. So instead, I will savor today and look forward to the next time it happens!

Over the weekend, we had a "going away" party for my best friend and her family. I mentioned previously here that they are moving to Guam from Delaware. We had a good time, it was good to see her and the fam. It was sad to say goodbye. Here are some photos from the party. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get the camera out until late into the evening and missed getting pictures of many of our guests!

Me and Lora (this is much better than our previous picture I posted!)

Angie, Zippy and GA (Lora's husband)


Mo, Kristen and Chris

Kyle, Jill, Chris and Lora

Lora and Dan


The two families the next morning. I am not sure where CJ is. Maybe I can photoshop him in somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment