Friday, September 5, 2008

Cleaning Machine

Ok, I may not be a total cleaning machine. My house still needs a lot of straightening up. However, after the floor and baseboard cleaning frenzy last week, this week I borrowed a rug shampooer and cleaned the upholstery on my nasty, dirty furniture. It looks so much better! The dirt is out and the stains have faded - I don't think there is any way to totally get rid of them, but wow, what an improvement.

Next project? Cleaning the remaining baseboards on the first floor and to the basement and cleaning the carpet in the family room and the office. One of these days I'll make it to the upstairs. I would like to get our bedrooms painted this winter. Oh yeah, and our other goal is to get a bathroom with a shower installed in our basement. By Christmas. We have guests coming this Christmas and could really use another bathroom/shower area. It will make for a nice "suite" in the basement to have this addition complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment